Congratulations to EVEN on receiving its official 501(c)3

robert

From EVEN:

Congratulations to EVEN on receiving its official 501©3 status!

Hello, everyone!

For the past 2-1/2 years, EVEN has been operating in the State of Oregon as an official non-profit. As you may know, however, the federal government and the IRS have their own criteria. We just learned yesterday that they determined EVEN is qualified under section 501©3 of the Internal Revenue Code. So now we are "official" in everyone's eyes! Your contributions to EVEN are now tax deductible for you! And for us, this opens more doors and presents EVEN with more possibilities.

We are thrilled by this news and especially satisfied since we completed all the paperwork ourselves. This maiden voyage was a challenge, but a worthy learning experience, as so many things with EVEN have been.

One of the essential criteria, among many, was to be able to demonstrate verifiable public support. And, oh, how you courageous hearts have supported us during our first 2-1/2 years! We are grateful to those who have believed in EVEN's mission from the start and have shown trust in us.

Special thanks to the folks who donated over and above their regular memberships to specifically help EVEN pay the application fee!

On behalf of the animals, the planet and the people, we thank you!

Lin & Robert

Peace,

Lin Silvan

Executive Director

Robert Jacobucci

Outreach Director & Webmaster

Eugene Veg Education Network (EVEN)

1574 Coburg Rd., #120

Eugene OR 97401

541-343-8055

[email protected]

www.eugeneveg.org

Congrats Robert This is great news for everyone here and thank for making all this possible. We'll be able to do many more things now that we have this status and I look forward to us being able to take advantage of this.

Congrats Robert This is great news for everyone here and thank for making all this possible. We'll be able to do many more things now that we have this status and I look forward to us being able to take advantage of this.

huh?

There are festivals and things that are free to non profits only...events only for official non-profits...we can ask for more grants due to more eligibility now...since we're a true non profit now we can reserve large public spaces for much less money or for free...lots and lots of things.

I didn't even know this group existed!!! Since I am moving to Eugene I will probably become a member and go to the meetings and do anything else I can. I was also looking into SETA. Anyone know much about SETA in Eugene?