new here

Renecarol25

Hi I've been lifting regularly for a few years now. I also do road races and would like to do some triathlons. I was on the Swim Team in High School and College but haven't done much swimming since graduation. Mostly I run and lift. I really enjoy doing Pump'n'runs - competitions that combine benching and running. I've been vegetarian for around 24 years. During the past couple of years I've been trying to weed out eggs and dairy from my diet. I don't really like the idea of hurting animals and don't want to support factory farming with my diet.

Hey Rene!

Thanks for coming by. I was out of town all day yesterday, but back in front of a computer screen for a few minutes today.

Great to have you here. I do a lot of pumping and running as well. Not as much running these days, but that is what I grew up doing and ran in college as a distance runner as well. Good times with both sports.

Have a great day!

• 3 weeks later...

Rene,

WOW!!!! Veg for 24 years. That is so awesome. Congratulations on swimming against the current for 24 years and not selling the animals out. That is awesome. The animals really had a true and LOYAL friend in you.

Hopefully, in your 24 years of compassion, you have planted some seeds in others along the way. Welcome - it is an honour to have a seasoned veg among us.

natalie

Hi I don't check back here that often. Yes I was just a little bit younger than my daughter when I first went vegetarian. I learned a lot in 24 years. I only wish I could magically impart all that I have learned over the years on her. Its not that easy. Somebody should write a handbook or something - like everything you need to know. Some things I considered vegetarian then I would never eat today. I've spent most of my life as a work in progress trying to be vegetarian or vegan.