IFBB Figure Pro goes Vegan

Raechelle Chase

Hey guys, thought this looked like the place I should be

My name is Raechelle Chase, I am an IFBB Pro Figure competitor from NZ.

I have recently started on a raw/vegan diet leading up to my next competitions, The Houston Pro October 23rd, followed by the Boarder States (figure) Pro on October 30th. So far so good. The amazing thing is since I started this diet 4 weeks ago I have not craved animal protein at all! This is quite amazing since chicken & fish have been something I would eat 3-4 times a day for the past 2 years and now it’s been a month without and I don’t even miss it yay!

I was worried in the beginning that I would lose muscle so I am monitoring this by doing weekly body fat tests and now that I’m full swing back into training, not only have I not lost muscle, but I have actually gained muscle!! Another huge achievement. I am so glad that my eyes have been opened and I can start to live a healthy life and inspire people I meet along the way to do the same.

I look forward to your advice over the next 11 weeks

http://www.raechellechase.com

http://www.3news.co.nz/Kiwi-fitness-model-takes-up-raw-food-diet/tabid/817/articleID/169209/Default.aspx

Robert linked that news on Facebook and my jaw just dropped. You're gorgeous and your body's amazing. Glad to hear you're now doing it vegan/raw.

Welcome!

Second! I was just about to write about the same thing. Welcome!

Thanks for such a nice welcome xx

I'm going for a 'Metabolic Analysis' today. This is where they test to see what your bodies preferred source of fuel is, which Ultimately would make dieting a heck of allot easier by taking the guess work out. I'm not sure how accurate this will be, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

http://www.nutritiontherapy.co.nz/metabolic-analysis.htm

So glad to see you here Raechelle! I've been following you on twitter for a while now and it's nice to see more competitors joining the ranks here. I'm wanting to do my contest prep vegan/high raw, will be for my first comp tho, I'm a newbie!

Welcome, looking forward to your posts.

xo, Carrie

Welcome Raechelle!

Sorry I wasn't the first to welcome you. I spent the past two days driving and was away from a computer.

Great to have you here! Enjoy the community.

You'll have to rock out the VEGAN shorts soon!

All the best with your contest prep. Keep us posted on how it goes. Not sure where I'll be on the 23rd but know I'll be in Boston on the 30th, but wherever I am....I will be cheering for you!

-Robert

Hey guys, feel free to throw questions at me, I'm happy to help where I can.

Training is going really well, I am getting stronger and my lean mass is sitting at just under 55kg's which is great. I usually compete at about 60kg's so I'm hoping to maintain and if I'm lucky build on that over the next 10 weeks. I just found out that one of the shows i was aiming for "The Houston Pro' has been cancelled , which actually works out better for me as i will not have to be away from home for as long. So October 30th (The Boarder States Pro) is show day.

Sorry to hear the Houston show got canceled, but now you'll be able to dial it in for the other show! Wish I could be there but will miss it.

If you do find yourself in Texas, look up your friends Marzia and Jamie. They're both there and I try to visit them when I pass through as well. Just saw Jamie there back in late June. She was super ripped.

Glad to hear the training is going well!

Thanks so much for being part of our community.

I have been having about 120 grams of protien each day.

I still dont have the full report from my metabolic analysis. It seamed directed mostly at looking at overall health and not so much at fat loss, so I'm not sure how helpful it's going to be.

but on the day I had it done, they said my body was using mostly carbs as fuel. Not quite what I'm after, at this point I would hope to be using fats as my primary source of energy. my next step is to make some changes to my diet that will involve a lot less calories.

Hey Thanks John,

For those of you that are of Face Book you can join me on the following link I have alot of competition and modelling photos there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raechelle-Chase-IFBB-Figure-Professional/299006786205

I just found out The Houston Pro October 23rd is still on... dont know how that got so mixed up but im back to focussing on both shows again now.

Hey guys, thought this looked like the place I should be

My name is Raechelle Chase, I am an IFBB Pro Figure competitor from NZ.

I have recently started on a raw/vegan diet leading up to my next competitions, The Houston Pro October 23rd, followed by the Boarder States (figure) Pro on October 30th. So far so good. The amazing thing is since I started this diet 4 weeks ago I have not craved animal protein at all! This is quite amazing since chicken & fish have been something I would eat 3-4 times a day for the past 2 years and now it’s been a month without and I don’t even miss it yay!

I was worried in the beginning that I would lose muscle so I am monitoring this by doing weekly body fat tests and now that I’m full swing back into training, not only have I not lost muscle, but I have actually gained muscle!! Another huge achievement. I am so glad that my eyes have been opened and I can start to live a healthy life and inspire people I meet along the way to do the same.

I look forward to your advice over the next 11 weeks

http://www.raechellechase.com

http://www.3news.co.nz/Kiwi-fitness-model-takes-up-raw-food-diet/tabid/817/articleID/169209/Default.aspx

You are officially my new hero. Thanks for joining us! And welcome.