Introduction

Scott Shetler

Hello everyone! My name is Scott, I am a business owner in Atlanta, GA. I've been working in the health & fitness industry for 15 years now, I used to compete in powerlifting and most recently kettlebell sport, currently I am studying Taijiquan and Qigong, and recently published my latest book. About two years ago I began transition into a plant-based nutrition plan, first cutting out all animal products except fish and eggs and eventually cutting that out and this year began to follow a vegan approach. My struggles are mainly with travelling and eating out, but each day I am getting better and making better choices and inspiring friends, family, and clients to do the same. In addition in the past year and half my focus has been on predominately raw vegan nutrition and normally my daily nutrition is around 70-80% raw, and sometimes as high as 100%. Ultimately I've never felt this healthy before. I'm looking forward to learning more from those of you who've been doing this, and very happy to be part of the community.

Thanks PhytoAthlete!

I own a private training center (I train both general fitness clientele and athletes from a variety of sports). I've written a few books now-all related to the industry, but my previous books were mostly niche (for instance, one book was on kettlebell conditioning for combative sports and was subsequently used to provide the framework for a video counterpart for the TapouT Virtual Training Center), but my latest book is more on "total human development" - it's more of a mind, body, and spirit approach to health & fitness. The title is Abundant Health and there is plenty of information about it on my website at www.extreme-fitness.org - if you have any more questions feel free to pm me.

Thanks!

Scott

Hey Scott,

Awesome transition. You have an opportunity to really make a difference! You should defo start a journal here Maybe insight into interesting things that happen on the industry side? Would be something different, and interesting!

Jub

Jub,

Thanks! I will definitely start a log here. I have three blogs on my website right now if you want to check them out. One is my Abundant Health blog I've started to coincide with my new book, one is my general topics blog, and the last is my training blog. For sure I'll start a training blog here and cross post my training sessions and any other cool blogs I come up with. I'm also very interested in guest bloggers for my site-so anyone on here who would like I contribute please contact me!

Here are my blog links if you want to check them out:

Abundant Health blog

http://extreme-fitness.org/abundant-health-blog.html

General blog

http://extreme-fitness.org/blog.html?m

Training blog

http://extreme-fitness.org/scotts-training-blog.html

Thanks!

Hey Scott,

Very good website/blogs with a lot of interesting info. I noticed in your one blog from 5/13 you stated you were going vegan.

Are you totally vegan now?

I just ordered your newest book Abudant Health from Amazon. I see the first chapter is about nutrition. Since the book is so new, and possibly written before you went vegan, does the nutrition chapter reflect a vegan way of eating?

Also, the link under your success stories section going to TapouTVTC.com. doesn't appear to be working or atleast isn't working on the computer I am currently using.

PhytoAthlete,

THANK YOU for the support! I sincerely appreciate you picking up the book, also glad to know it's finally on Amazon.

I am plant-based now. I started this year 100% vegan, had some backslides in the form of cheese a few times, but other than that it's been vegan. Travelling is the worst for me-and I just focus on doing the best I can. At home it's no issue, we have some decent vegan and even raw vegan options here in Atlanta, and of course purchasing and preparing my own food is never an issue.

The nutrition chapter is definitely designed to help people consider a plant-based or at least a predominately plant-based nutrition approach. However I also talk about scaling your protein choices if you are not plant-based, but wanting to head that way without going cold-turkey. It took me a while to transition, and I never want to sound preachy - my hope is that it inspires people to work more vegan/vegetarian meals or full days into their plan and just focus on doing progressively better.

Yes the TapouT VTC link is not working, good catch. I took the hyper link out. Thanks, and thanks again for checking out my site!