Vegan bodybuilder just saying hello.

Bratman

Hi my names Nathan and I'm 26, living in England. Vegetarian since age 15 and vegan since age 24.

Eight months in the gym so far, just want to get huge to prove a vegan diet is healthy and destroy the protein misconceptions.

I'm 6'4" so it's going to be tough filling out even if I ate meat but I'm determined.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5610/photo0049qn.jpg

Obviously got a lot of work to do but I'm getting stronger.

November 2012

Bodyweight: 175lb / 12.5st

Bench: 40KG

Squat: 70KG

Deadlift: 80KG

OHP: 30KG

Today

Bodyweight: 187lb / 13.3st

Bench: 70KG

Squat: 140KG

Deadlift: 120KG

OHP: 50KG

Currently bulking up on pea protein shakes with oatmeal, soy milk, peanut butter, bananas, nuts etc. Eating lots of raw vegetables sometimes roasted. Stuffed peppers with brown rice and mushrooms / tomato sauce. Lentil spaghetti and lentil shepherds pie. Got a huge 3KG bag of brown lentils from Tesco. Eating lots of smoothies too and nuts, got a 1KG tub of peanut butter that I dip bananas into. Lots of avocados and fruit. Lots of spinach although a guy on another forum says the iron sucks because of all the oxalates, so I looked it up and apparently I only need to worry about it if I suffer from kidney stones.

Chow for now, see you around the forums.

Thanks guys, how do you cut on a vegan diet at 0.5lbs? Just cut carbs out?

AndiMorris

Cheers dude, I don't have an accurate way to measure body fat but my belly has gotten a little fatter but I am bulking a lot.

JubNZ

Cheers mate I'll start a journal once I've read a few more of the ones on here. Routine is three compound lifts, three days a week, the 5x5 Stronglifts program.

Hey Dylan

Thanks, will do soon.