Hello from the UK!

Tefnut

Hello there. I'm 29 from England. Have been vege/vegan for about 15 years.

I'm a vintage pinup style model so more known for curves than muscle, but since having severe back and hip problems for over a year now alas weight training or any other training has made me toooo curvy.

I have since discovered I have lumbar lordosis BUT caused no bone or cartalige damage and apparently I have a much higher/stronger bone density than average (so blows typical vegan missconceptions eh!).

So I'm gradually going to start a fresh! As my hip and back are still dodgy, I'm currently doing mostly core strengthening. As heavy lifting is still a problem.

I'm also trying to eat more raw foods smoothies etc.

since putting on a good 20 pounds weight loss is also on the books.

Soo....hello this is who I am and my aim is not to be too angular , im looking to gain bulk muscle under my curves without looking too lean. More amazon woman than body sculpter hehe.

Atm. I am only doing pilates and light walking until fit to lift!

Decided to take a look at this site for inspiration! It's been so long since training and so much needs doing I've no idea where to start! Any advice/tips most appreciated

Tef x

20130811-IMG_9366.thumb.jpg.6ff68dc761734a453b6d4cafd0b6d784.jpg

Hey welcome aboard! I don't think we've ever had a pinup model on the forum before, that's really cool

Sounds like pilates are a good idea, have you heard of the plank challenge? That would be good for core strength!

Where abouts in England are you from? I'm on the Isle of Wight

All the best, Ross

• 4 weeks later...

New UK member over here too!

I've been starting back into my routine this week after an enforced xmas break and yeah, the getting back into it is the struggle! But so far I've had a PT session and a gym session and tonight my muay thai/kickboxing starts back up so I'm getting there!

My PT last night was hobbling around a little last night after having some time off and starting back into his programme. I found that very reassuring that no matter how fit you are, you still get the aches and pains after a break!