Frustrations and guidance...

davidjamesdip

Hi Guys

I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of guidance. I've been vegan for almost three years. When i first made the switch i lost about 30 lbs. however over the years i've pretty much much bounced back and gain back about 15-20. Anyways, i'm trying to slim down and put on some muscle. Not looking to bulk up too much just want to look fit and one day see signs of abs if thats ever possible.

4 weeks ago i started the men's health uk V8 challenge. The workouts are hard and heavy, mostly circuit training and intervals.

I've also cut out all refined sugars, added oils, alcohol, and starchy carbs and gluten for the most part. I usually allow myself one cheat on saturdays which is usually a white potato or low fat whole wheat waffles. And try to keep the portions small. I've even trimmed down coffee intake. I two a week, saturday and sunday with almond milk and one packet of truvia. The rest of the week is green tea and herbal tea.

I'm using protein shakes and supplements (vega) to keep my protein around 120g per day while keep my calorie intake around 1700-2000.

Its been over 4 weeks and i'm down 5lbs, actually 2. I gained 3 in the first week. I take my measures weekly along with photos and nothing is moving in either direction.

I'm incredible frustrated and my motivation is hanging on by a thread. Especially since my husband is down 8lbs and inches as well. We're eating the same stuff except he cheats a little more and isn't vegan so he allows himself coffee with milk and sugar during the week, and has some eggs and cheese too.

All the trainers i talk to say its because of my diet and that i can't do it on a vegan diet, which i know is BS.

Anyone have any advice before i throw in the towel?

By the way, i'm 29, 5 foot 7 inches, and about 174 lbs. my weight is pretty well distributed. I have a large chest and back which I would like to maintain and trim down on the gut, butt, and thighs...

thanks

David

Its all about mentality and perseverance. For specific answers ask more direct questions, and limit them to one or two and post them directly on other members threads, you'll get a lot more feedback that way. Also browse the site, there is a wealth of information here.