Im that new dude

proteeninjector

Hey everyone!

I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I am 32 years young, I have a beautiful wife, and we have an amazing 5yr old boy. My wife has been vegetarian since she was 8yrs old. I on the other hand, didn't become vegetarian until about 6 years ago.

I had always had problems with my stomach and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). My wife, Kisha explained her religious and moral beliefs for being vegetarian. I agreed with her views and figured I would try to go vegetarian for those reasons and also to see how my stomach reacts. Within a month I had little to no IBS flare ups and my stomach was feeling better than ever.

We both went vegan together about 3.5 years ago and we love it!!! Kisha is an AMAZING cook/baker which makes being vegan sooo much easier! I decided to join this forum for some help. I am 5'11" 180lbs and am starting to lose muscle and gain fat in the belly area. With another back surgery imminent, I really need to get myself back in shape. Getting back into shape will help the healing/Physical Therapy process after surgery and frankly, it will help me regain lots of lost confidence.

I was hoping some of you could help me create a diet that helps men in their 30's. I know a lot of changes happen in our bodies around this time. All I am ever able to find are diets for meatmouths or for men under 30. Thank you all for taking the time to read my quick bio and I look forward to making new friends!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post here, so I hope I'm not stepping on toes by responding, but I feel like I went through a similar difficulty when I first became vegan about four years ago. (my wife has been vegan for seven years)

My wife is a great cook...she's beautiful and has an amazing physique, but the aim of her physical conditioning (and eating habits) are absolutely not geared towards building muscle and strength. Consequently, as I followed her diet (but with greater quantities) I lost muscle and gained fat. (while she stays super hot) I looked closer at my diet, and noticed my macro ratios were WAY off. (way too much carbs, and not enough fat and protein) I made some drastic corrections, and my physique and gym performance got back in order. Nonetheless, my wife does not like everything about my diet, but it works for me...so our meals are not identical anymore, simply because my needs and goals are different than hers!