Almost 2 year vegan, 2 months into new workout

BigVeganGuy

Hi,

Like title says, I've been vegan since Sept 2016 and started out new modified vegan diet and exercise in April of this year. I'm sticking with strength training since mid-May. Here's the tricky part, I'm trying to build muscle as an ectomorph (technically meso-ectomorph). My calorie intake is about 7500, I try to get at least 170-180 g protein in a day with plant based protein powders, vegan creatine, plant based protein drinks, nuts/seeds/beans/greens. I also get extra b12 in vegan oral spray supplement. I workout 5 times in a week, max weight 4 sets of 8-10 reps. Oh, I also try to get some fat and lots of carbs. I try to get 8 hrs sleep if possible. I workout in afternoon (work early morning hours, so my option is after work). I am trying just about everything to increase workout energy and get best results each time while slowly seeing increase muscle gain. It's an uphill battle all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

How big are you? 9’ tall? 7,500 is crazy lotta calories if you’re not a triathlete or other advanced endurance athlete IMO. What’s your BF%? I always find increased energy for training and everything else when I lose some blubber.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! I also had a pretty big calorie intake when bulking, a bit over 5000 daily when bulking. Down to about 3000 when cutting. So easy to cut as an ectomorph, haha.

Keep it up!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm 6'2" and weight 186 lbs. And my calorie intake might be slightly less (rough guesses using cronometer online). But I burn through a lot of calories normally plus I'm very active at work. The tricky part is trying to keep eating through work hours, sometimes not much time for that. Plus I use machine weights at gym (for a balanced effective workout).