Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

Thanks for the encouragement Tash,RC, MS, and mikkei!!

I didnt read this before I worked out today, just to see how I would do. I now know I need to add fat to my meal before working out. I had equivalent to an Amy's pizza 2 hours before I worked out and I had a pretty good workout.

Robert: I would like to do Seattle!

Sunday workout-

WARMED UP 5min on treadmill:

I started with cable presses&flyes. Began with 20lb and just worked up to 60lbs. I did 10 presses and 10 flyes without stoppping. Went up weight then dropped the cable to chest height and did more.

Then came decline bench. I knew I had to do some BB, but not flat. So I decided to hit decline(doesnt hurt joints as bad). Started with 135lbs did 15reps. 185x10, 205x5, 225x5, 250x5, 275x4, 300x3. Had a spot on 300. Got the 1st two with sweetness but got stuck on 3rd rep and once I got the slight bump I pushed through hard!! Went back down to 225 did 10 reps.

After that I hit some DB's on incline. 45x20, 80's x5(slow and squeezed), 90x5(slow too).

Machine Flyes(same machine as in my video) came next. I started with 175lbsx15. Too light. 250x10, still too light. 180x5 felt light. I was like fuck.... Never done this much before. So up went the weight. 300x5reps[PR] and did 4 sets. Some guy walked up and told me there was one small[extra] weight that I forgot...and I let him work in a set. After that I added the [5lb] to a total of 305lbsPB. I did 4 reps. Stopped. Then did 1 more to make 5 total reps. As he was walking over to do more on the machine I said, "that set was for you buddy!!" and walked off. Ha ha ha.

Did some pullups with my legs in front of me at hip height. Few sets of 10. The I did about 5 sets of 30 on BW dips. I keep my elbows in and tucked so it hits rear delts and lats more. So much for using my chest. LOL

BB bicep curls were thrown in. Started with 65lbs did 10 or 20. Cant remember. Couple sets. Then I did 70lbs x 10reps(could feel it in elbows just like on the decline). 85lbs x 10. I quit cause it hurt too bad. And I dont want my pains coming back in full force like they used to be when I lifted heavy. Hit the 30lb DB's for a set of 20.

Flye Machine: rear delt flyes. I did a few sets of just 130lbs x 20. Hit the cable (chest height) and reverse flyed 30lb x 10-15 cannot remember...was near beginning of workout.

Hammer Strength Inlcine Machine: 1 plate each side x 20. 45lb+35lb each side x 10x2-3 sets.

Was in there 2 hours. It doesnt seem like much was done, but I rested well enough so I could hit heavy on decline and flyes.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brother, I know exactly how you feel. bodybuilding is like heroin, okay I don't know what heroin feels like. You always want that first high feeling. LOL

Remember even in non-hormone enhanced competitors your hormones are going crazy from all of the changes in your body. I know guys who have started balling in traffic pre-contest. I know guys who have lost it after the season ended. Take everyone's advice with a grain of salt. After my last show I don't want to eat either. I am trying to put on some size for an upcoming show and I am not eating. How crazy is that. Recognize your feelings, know they are real, and know that they will change. That is the best advice I can give.

If you compete again this year, next or never it doesn't really matter. Really. Take some time and relax if you need to. After my first show I couldn't enter a gym for a month. Then it turned into three. From six days a week to zero. Man that sucked. If you have a good trainer, talk to him. Ask him or her about it and what to do. My favorite guy in your area is Mark Nichols if you don't have someone. He is in Tigard, and produces phenomenal athletes. He is absolutely emotionally even keeled, even when I want to quit or go off the deep end.

You have built a great physique. Be proud of it. Also recognize whatever you do next you are doing it for yourself.

Take care man, you are absolutely normal

Steve

quit whining, workout, make some damn commitments to yourself and stick to them.

balance your lats, keep working on your chest (thank god its improving), and stick to your legs - they are improving. I know you arent a fan, but your arms actually look good. Happy?

Find out exactly what financial help you're going to get from others, then figure out what you can swing and what you will still need help with.

Other than that eat clean, push yourself, and just do you.

Had two Kombuchas and a pice of fruit before workout.

Jimi's punk-bitch workout:

Legs-

Smith Squat:

105lbsx10close x10wide, 155x10close x10wide, 195x5c x5w, 250x3c x3w(this wide set sucked! 250 wide is heavy! lol), 180x10c x10w, 105x10x x10w

SB crunches: x50 x8sets(after each double squat set I did a set here). 10lb weight x 100crunches. [500 total].

Leg Xtn: 75lb(1 leg)x10, 150x10x3sets, 200x10

PM: Had 1/2 Kombucha and 28oz baked beans.

Leg press: 1 plate x 20, 2 plates x10, 4 plates x5, 6plates x5, 8 plates x3 x3sets (all these we really low!!).

Treadclimber: 3.0mph x 15min.

I feel like such a punk-B! I dont like doing legs by myself. I def need a workout partner.

Got something in the mail from you dogg, thanks man!

Keep on the tough workouts. I was thinking about that today.....we all have ups and downs and I've been through a decade of them as a bodybuilder but the best thing I can think of it is keep training knowing the the ups will come again. I keep telling myself to push through it no matter what is going on in my life so when the ups come again, when the good times are back, my body is ready because it has been training the whole time, rather than that feeling of having to start over.

So anyway, keep on keeping on, through all the ups and downs of bodybuilding and when the time is right, you'll be ready for whatever it is...another contest, a photo shoot, a sponsorship from a company, etc. You will have trained through it all and you'll be ready for whatever is next.

@RC betta eat dat stuff!!

Yest, I did a couple miles on treadmill and some SB rope(behind neck on cable) crunches(10lbx25,20x25,30x25,40x25)

Today I did some chest. I got one of those band/wraps(like a patella band) for my elbow. It helped when I did cables , but when it came to BB chest work I couldnt wear it and I kept repeating "pussy elbow! just a fuckin pussy elbow!!" Here it goes as follows:

1 hand Cable Chest Press(high):

20lbx20

30lbx20

40lbx20

50lbx10

60x10

Decline BB Bench:

135lbx10

185lbx10

225x5

250x5

275x5

300x3

Flat BB Bench:

135x10

205x10

225x5

250x5

275x3 x2sets

Flat DB Bench:

85x10

95x5

100x5

Incline DB Bench:

65x10

75x5

85x5

95x5

100x5

Dips:

5 sets of 20 reps

Machine Flye:

160x10

250x5

295x5 x 2sets

280x5

200x10

1 Arm Cable Low Flye:

20x20

30x20

40x10

My elbow actually swelled today during my decline benching. Crazy. Never actually felt it swell. The band actually made me feel the pain more when I was on both the BB exercises so I took it off. Not bad though... Have not done heavy flat BB since last year. I now know that I have to warm up on cable machine or else I cannot do flat BB.

What do you think made it to swell ?

You would love to have this big dude who was at the gym that other night. He was training Chest

and he was pushing 120's DB incline

I"m like dude that's totally impressive. I asked him if he was competing on the 27th. He's like no not even close. He's like are you competing on Saturday? I'm like no not even close, but you'll see me in it next year. He's like aw good for you

He told me before he injured his back he was pushing 140's DB on an incline. I'm dude that's insane !

Well if you ever move here I found you a good partner to train with.

Very inspiring and a cool big guy just like you Jimi

What do you think made it to swell ?

You would love to have this big dude who was at the gym that other night. He was training Chest

and he was pushing 120's DB incline

I"m like dude that's totally impressive. I asked him if he was competing on the 27th. He's like no not even close. He's like are you competing on Saturday? I'm like no not even close, but you'll see me in it next year. He's like aw good for you

He told me before he injured his back he was pushing 140's DB on an incline. I'm dude that's insane !

Well if you ever move here I found you a good partner to train with.

Very inspiring and a cool big guy just like you Jimi

Thanks Tash. Me going heavy is what caused it to swell. I normally dont go that heavy, but figure I better if I wanna put on some size and get some strength back. I used to rock the 135's on incline for reps. When you hit those high numbers especially on incline, ya feel like the biggest guy in there even when you arent(in my case).

Hey PP -

m getting totally stoked. So you like the hardwood flooring? Sweet right? Im excited to get my weight bench and some exercise equipment in - totally more important than a bed lol. Georgia... georgia... So stoked.

Hows the elbow doing PP? Love the entry... Wish Id get mine already!

Yest was a leg day. Had no motivation what so ever to work them, but I did and felt great afterwards.

Precor 10min warmup

Leg press:

1px10

2px10

3px10

4px5

5px5

6px5

7px5

8px5

9px3

9px2 ( i so wanted to leave and say screw it after this)

BB squats:

135x5

185x5

205x5

225x5

250x5(easy feeling)

275x4(with spotter handy. parallel though!)

275x4(no spotter, but felt confident enough to do it by myself. not parallel)

Walking lunge:

10 plate each hand. x 5 sets (single pump up and double pump back)

leg xtn:

100x10

150x10

200x5

250x5

300x5 x 2sets

Lying ham curls:

40x15

70x15

120x10

170x10 x 2 sets (these hurt a little, but at least I could do my hams without knee hurting too much)

Treadclimber 10min cool down

Duluth is like 90 min north of me.

I can probably come out if I'm in Georgia.

Better fool!

Today I did Arms. Its hard on my elbow to to xtn's but I was able to do kickbacks without a problem. Felt decent.

1 Arm kickback:

10x15

15x15

20x15

25x10

45x10

Tricep push down:

20x20

30x20

40x15

50x15

60x10 x2set

50x10

40x10

30x10

20x20

OH BB Press:

135x10x3 sets

"just to show off": Flye Machine- 250lbsx10x 3sets

1 Arm DB Preacher curls:

20x15

25x15

30x15

40x10

Bicep machine:

50x20

80x15

110x10

50x20

(maybe a few more sets, light...dont remember)

Cable Curls:

50lbx30x 3 sets (straight bar)

Rope curls:

50x15

80x10

100x10

80x10

50x20

DB Delt Press 60lb x15

Did multiple sets of holding a 10lb plate level with shoulder while I curled a 25lb plate and then switched...

Man im such a slacker...

Saturday I did a playground workout with a buddy. And now I have blisters on my palms and under calouses(sp?) from grabbing steel in 90 weather. Its all good though. Been wearing gloves to the gym since. lol

Yest I tried to do heavy chest and I didnt get past 5 reps on 185lbs on decline BB. Right pec felt slightly bad... I got pissed off and left after 25min. Couldnt really do anything. [yeah yeah, I should have done legs then blah blah blah]

Today I did an all upper using lighter weights. Did two workout actually. Got some supps(bcaa,creatine, more NO)

Eating at the moment: brownrice quinoa mix & cubed tofu fried in olive oil. brocolli, garlic powder, hemp oil, and light soy sauce was added.

Current weight: 183lbs morning and 187lbs nighttime