turning mrbear into a mountain!

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

mrbear666
Elephant

Re: mrbears road to..........somewhere

#1021 Postby mrbear666 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:16 pm

chest and back on tuesday, got DOMs from hell today i cant straighten my arms or raise them past shoulder height. only did 1 set of bench to failure 100kg 11 reps......not happy at all with that. then close grip pull ups for 14 reps with 6 negatives straight away, think they are the pain culprits! going to do legs on the wkend.
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

mrbear666
Elephant

#1022 Postby mrbear666 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:06 pm

havent had time to do legs, hopefully going to do them tomorrow. Been having some good forearm work from a 9 inch grinder in work. my hands were aching this morning after 9 hours of grinding rust yesterday. will be hitting upper body at the end of the week hoping to improve on my bench press or i wont be happy :evil:
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

mrbear666
Elephant

#1023 Postby mrbear666 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:47 pm

gym highlights today.....bench 100kg x 12 improvement so im happy (eight days after my last workout)
leg extension 120kg x 18 with a static hold to failure at the end. machine doesnt go any higher so just going to have to keep upping the reps.
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1024 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Very nice! Can ya not attach a disc or two till the weight stack? Forced to do it myself on certain equipment, I carry a long thin bar in my gym bag, lets me attach up to two 25kg discs.

mrbear666
Elephant

#1025 Postby mrbear666 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:36 am

Alrite big Rob i had a look around the leg extension machine its covered in steel mesh with only a little slit cut out to get to the pin.....gutted, thanks though. ill just have to work out a pre exhaust program or something as im having this problem with most of the machines now haha.

did legs wednesday which i logged here then i hiked up snowdon on friday with sore legs, bad idea! sunday now and they are still really hurting. its 4.5 miles eachway and gets pretty steep with gravel slopes and big never ending rock steps. its the highest mountain in wales with amazing scenery, have a google if anyone is interested. looking forward to upper body on wednesday :D
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1026 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Those bastards and their stack shields! Heres another option, lift with both legs, then lower with one (negatives).

Havent been up Snoden, but I intend to at some point. Ill bet the was nice with sore legs, think I would have just rolled back down again lol. Went swimming today in the deep rock pools on our Mourne Mountains....so relaxing, then had a curried chip, battered onion rings and mushrooms, cant beat it:)

mrbear666
Elephant

#1027 Postby mrbear666 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:02 pm

god dammit why didnt i think of doing it with one leg, feel like a dumbass now!

if your ever over here and want a tour guide let me know, i know the mountains pretty well round here. they are only about 25 mins away and im not far from the ferry.

sounds good pal, cold fresh water must have been nice after lifting heavy all week.
www.infowars.com

mrbear666
Elephant

#1028 Postby mrbear666 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:42 pm

training highlights this week.........140kg bench press for 1 rep. no spotter think i could get 145-150 with someone incase i fail.
lat pulldown - 13 reps with whole stack plus a rubbber weight add on so around 100 - 105 kg.

feeling strong at the moment an relatively pain free :D

weighing a fairly constant 97kg
www.infowars.com

mrbear666
Elephant

#1029 Postby mrbear666 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:59 pm

my legs are getting stronger but not growing in size, im going to have to sort something out because although they are half decent looking my upper body is slowly over taking them. Been to busy to train since last friday, going hit the weights again tomorrow or friday. legs first :)
www.infowars.com

mrbear666
Elephant

#1030 Postby mrbear666 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:16 pm

whole body workout today. 2sets of each exercise done in rest pause style.

bench press
palms up lat pulldown
tricep press downs
arnold curls
side laterals
calf press
leg extension
ham curls
www.infowars.com

esqinchi
Elephant

#1031 Postby esqinchi » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:36 pm

mrbear666 wrote:my legs are getting stronger but not growing in size, im going to have to sort something out because although they are half decent looking my upper body is slowly over taking them. Been to busy to train since last friday, going hit the weights again tomorrow or friday. legs first :)

We could trade body halves, no? My legs always outshine upper body. It's annoying!

mrbear666
Elephant

#1032 Postby mrbear666 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:33 am

maybe we should :lol: its weird how people are so different, my upper body grows well but my legs never ever grow just get stronger. Started hitting them really hard now though to see if i can stimulate some growth.

Whole body workout today same as fridays.
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1033 Postby HIT Rob » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Us tall guys never get it easy when it comes to legs, example, Arnold is the only over 6ft olympia winner, what was he remembered for? His legs? Hell no, it was his chest and biceps, same can be said for Big Lou who was 6'5.

Could it be your limited by the resistance on the legs machines? Maybe some heavy basic training is needed, in the form of leg presses, preferably lowish rep plate loaded lever style. Also, consider reducing the frequency of your leg training, ive spoken with a good few experienced hitters that made better overall progress on a 3 way split (push, pull and legs), given the legs are hammered only every 3rd workout. Training legs too often can lead to greater systemic stress, especially when your getting stronger every workout.

Just some grub for thought:)

mrbear666
Elephant

#1034 Postby mrbear666 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:51 pm

whats up bro! I much prefer the older type physiques with wide shoulders small waists and much slimmer legs than nowadays, mine are just a bit too slim :lol:

The leg press at my gym is utter shit to be honest, its a horizontal type one an theres more friction from knackered old cables and chains than ive ever felt before, i do use it but it feels really rubbish. other than the leg press i only really have leg extensions, calf press and ham curls, im a bit too scared to do squats even in a smith machine due my back issues. What do you reckon i should do Rob? you always have a good ideas when im in a pickle :D
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1035 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Lol, well, I worked breifly about 8-9 years ago as an engineer on the Belfast wheel / eye, it was located right beside the Belfast city hall, anyway, Glen Ross was hosting the UK's strongest man contest, one Sunday morning all the competitors and hosts got on the wheel, Magness Samuelsson was there, he was an easy 6'6, monster arms and chest, but his legs were mediocre (from memory, he never did well in the squat or deadlift), anyway, I got to talk with him breifly and asked him about his leg training, he said his legs were strong, just not big, front squats and leg presses he said where his bread and butter. He said us tall guys dont need to worry about it, cause when your arms, shoulders, chest etc are huge no one really cares about your legs lol. So true :)
As it happens, I also breifly met the WWE wrestler Bastisia (WWE is was Belfast at the time) the guy is 6'5, and was wearing really tight jeans with a sleeveless hoddie, again monster arms, but pretty average sized legs. None of my co-workers even noticed his legs, all they could talk about was the size of his arms lol.
Whats funny is, both these guys are / where clearly using drugs, they had genetics on their side and yet their legs were still poor (in comparison to their upper body development), so my advice is this, train them hard and let them rest, use movements better suited to the taller athlete, ie, lever style LP, failing that consider investing in a hip belt and /or trap bar, and of course focus on what does grow....Get benchen and-a curling:))
Sorry long winded answer:)

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”