Where to start?

With no gym membership or access to equipment, where do I start? I just want to get a head start until my paycheck comes around for a membership. Also, once I get said membership, how often should I workout (and what kind of diet plan/eating pattern) to get noticeable results in three months? I have both Thrive and Robert's new book but I just can't make solid sense of what all I want. I want to be fit and mildly muscular.

Now that I am done rambling again, any advice?

Short answer: read this http://scoobysworkshop.com/p90xReview.htm

If you have the time and bandwidth, this will really help:

(at least it helped me a lot.)

Long answer:

I originally found my link to veganbodybuilding.com on Scooby's site. He's not a veggie.... although that may have changed.... but he has lots of great info and videos. He spells it all out, and makes everything much easier to follow.

I've lost 100+ lbs twice and 80 lbs once - just to put it all back with on with interest due to illness or injury (and a complete lack of support, conflicting dietary information, and a couple of wacko doctors.) Seriously, Sisyphus has nothing on me.

I've spent a small fortune on gizmos, equipment, books, pills, videos and memberships. One time - with a *TRAINER* - I worked out harder than I ever have in my life, over three hours per day, just to be told, at the end of my 3 month program, that I had lost 3 to 5% of my muscle mass. (They used a fancy digital infrared tool to measure before and after.) I fell into a full on depression. I had spent 100% of my savings & put in a huge effort.

I cannot stress enough how much of a difference these 2 information/support sites have made. I practically live on a different planet now. I *really* wish I had found this combination of a vegan diet, online support (even though I just lurk here for the most part) Scooby's strength training info (friend him on Facebook) and the occasional free yoga video on youtube or elsewhere (to keep me from getting stressed out and overtired) sooner. It is perfect, fits into any schedule, and keeps me from being sensitive to all the criticism I'll get from my extended family & associates. All for free.

OK - to make sure I'm not being less than 100% truthful/accurate I have spent a little bit of $. I have a membership to the municipal pools in the area - which is cheap - about $160 for the whole family for 6 months - because when I'm too sore or tired to walk/jog/other I can still swim, and sleep like a log afterwards. And a couple of bucks on a library card (I was surprised by the number of workout DVDs - over 200, and new ones added each week- that I can borrow for free.)

read the 4 most recent blog entries at http://www.chaosandpain.blogspot.com.

He is proving, reinforcing, and living a thought I had when I first started this game... (overtraining is a myth)

edit: somethings to note. if you do the same things you've always done, you'll get the same results you've always gotten.

AND,

if you do what everyone else does, be prepared to look like everyone else. (which I take to mean don't slack off and always challenge yourself. don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.)

and a personal belief I hold. It all "works", if you do it.