Energy Drinks

Does anyone know if Rockstar enrgy drink is tested on animals or contains any animal bi products? I trie calling them and e-mailing the about this and they seem to be avoiding me. If it is animal tested or contains animal bi products are there any energy drinks out there that are better suited for vegans?

I don't know about rock star specifically, but I know that Red Bull answered part of that question--they don't contain animal products. Not sure about testing still, but if the company is avoiding your question...that might be your answer.

But you really would be better off getting energy somewhere else! Those things have scary amounts of caffeine. And chemically created B-vitamins, if I'm correct. Better off to get those from natural sources, IMO.

There's some more 'natural'-ish energy drinks out there. I think hansens makes one, there's probably a few others. I like the rockstar juice once but the company has some iffy associations politically that made me switch to monster for a bit.

-a

Funny thing is I could have sworn I read somwhere online that Coke products are not animal tested so I assumed that would include Rockstar. Perhaps I was wrong......

if you do a search you'll get lots of results about the animal testing by coke and pepsi. apparently rockstar is moving to pepsi from coke.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=coke+animal+testing

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=pepsi+animal+testing

it would only make sense that rockstar doesn't do animal testing if coke and pepsi said they stopped right? but who knows ... i emailed them as well

the company has some iffy associations politically that made me switch to monster for a bit

liiiiiiike?

Funny thing is I could have sworn I read somwhere online that Coke products are not animal tested so I assumed that would include Rockstar. Perhaps I was wrong......

if you do a search you'll get lots of results about the animal testing by coke and pepsi. apparently rockstar is moving to pepsi from coke.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=coke+animal+testing

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=pepsi+animal+testing

it would only make sense that rockstar doesn't do animal testing if coke and pepsi said they stopped right? but who knows ... i emailed them as well

the company has some iffy associations politically that made me switch to monster for a bit

liiiiiiike?

Thanks for the links. Today before my martial arts and cardio workout I took some yebe mate it seemed to work pretty good. Although you do not get the rush that you get from Rockstar. But yeah if they're ovided questions regarding animal testing ... I question why they would do so.

I use a french press.

Mine is a smaller one (1 litre), so I put 5 tbsp of Yerba Matè in the bottom and cover with hot (but not boiling) water. Stopping the kettle about 30 seconds or so before it boils does the trick for me. I let it steep for 7 minutes, then I press it. You can have it like that but I put the press in the freezer for an hour or so until it gets cold. Then I store it in my thermos with a few ice cubes so I can have ice cold matè whenever I want.

My rule of thumb is 1 tbsp per prepared cup. I use a little more than that though because I like my tea strong, haha.

You can make it in a coffee maker too. Just be sure to wet the tea a bit with cold water before starting the coffee maker. If the water is too hot it can diminish some of the healthy benefits of the tea.

drove to a few places looking for the Yerba Mate and couldn't find it anywhere :S ..... but i found a neat little health store that had it, and it's steeping as we speak

lots of caffeinei just read though, what's the difference if i just drank coffee?

drove to a few places looking for the Yerba Mate and couldn't find it anywhere :S ..... but i found a neat little health store that had it, and it's steeping as we speak

lots of caffeinei just read though, what's the difference if i just drank coffee?

From Erowid:

One thing to note is that people report slightly different effects from drinking yerba maté than from drinking green tea, although the exact differences have not been well documented. A common misunderstanding exists that this necessarily means that yerba maté does not contain caffeine as a major psychoactive alkaloid. Caffeine is a xanthine. Yerba maté contains two other xanthines (caffeine-like compounds) theobromine and theophylline that have their own effects. It is very possible for different experiential effects to be the result of different levels of these three compounds or of other variables, including differences in dosage, differences in accompanying minerals or related alkaloids, expectations, taste, smell, etc. Mint tea or gum, for instance, can be stimulating or refreshing partially based on smelling the volatile fragrance oil. It is not known exactly in what ways yerba maté is experimentally different from Chinese teas or what accounts for those differences.

Essentially, it won't provide the same bad after effects of coffee, but will definitely give you a hell of a jolt. Depending on how much you drink though there is and will be a crash. Just won't be as harsh as a coffee one.

I try to drink both green tea and maté in the same day. Mate doesn't have near the polyphenols that green tea does, but the ones maté has aren't in green tea. So yeah, it's a great idea to drink both in the course of a day. Keep 'em seperate though, haha. I wouldn't mix 'em in one or anything.

Essentially, it won't provide the same bad after effects of coffee

I have not found any solid info on this, just comments.

I don't see how mate could be healthy while considerating black tea unhealthy in the long term.

I try to drink both green tea and maté in the same day. Mate doesn't have near the polyphenols that green tea does, but the ones maté has aren't in green tea. So yeah, it's a great idea to drink both in the course of a day. Keep 'em seperate though, haha. I wouldn't mix 'em in one or anything.

Would mixing them be too much of a boost of energy?