10 Foods to Make Your Belly Flat

Crash

I just read an article that listed 10 foods that were supposed to help with belly fat. I figured it couldn't hurt to post as all the foods listed are healthy and good for you; however, I make no guarantees that this isn't .

1. Grapes

2. Spinach

3. Strawberries

4. Olive Oil

5. Blueberries

6. Almonds

7. Tomatoes

8. Bell Peppers

9. Whole Grains

10. Broccoli

I have no idea why these 10 foods would be better than others, or for which characteristics they were chosen, but i agree with you, they seem healthy

I guess olive oil only helps your belly when you use it INSTEAD of other fats, though

Some for the whole grains - better than refined starches, but won't help your waist at all if you simply add them to your diet

I guess olive oil only helps your belly when you use it INSTEAD of other fats, though

Some for the whole grains - better than refined starches, but won't help your waist at all if you simply add them to your diet

Agreed. Don't just add the olive oil and grains - replace the oil you are using with olive oil and replace the carbs you are ingesting with the grains (complex carbs as much as possible). And don't forget your ab work..... (this is the closest emoticon I could find for working out ).

There was another article which advocated using olive oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil over other oils.

If these particular foods actually do help 'make the belly flat" (could be just a gimmick for an ariticle), maybe they contain something that helps reduce cortisol levels (cortisol is supposed to cause the body to store more fat, especially in the belly area). Did they say WHY these particular foods worked?

If these particular foods actually do help 'make the belly flat" (could be just a gimmick for an ariticle), maybe they contain something that helps reduce cortisol levels (cortisol is supposed to cause the body to store more fat, especially in the belly area). Did they say WHY these particular foods worked?

I don't have the article in front of me, but I believe these foods are high in anti-oxidents and get rid of free radicals in your system. I'm not too certain about the belly fat first attack, as I believe there is no such thing as spot reduction, but since the foods are healthy (and vegan) it can't hurt. (I also did *say* I didn't guarantee that it wasn't b.s.)

I did some research on the web and found this:

Olive Oil

Certain fats are good for you and your body needs them. Olive oil is one of those "good fats". In fact, it's so good that it helps you burn fat and keeps your cholesterol down.

Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat, a type of fat that researchers are finding provide outstanding health benefits. One ounce of extra virgin olive oil contains about 85% of the daily value for monounsaturated fat.

So instead of taking a swig of orange juice in the morning, many dieters are picking up a bottle of extra virgin olive oil.

Whole Grains

These days everyone seems to be screaming "No carbs!" It's as if the world has gone no-carb crazy and everyone is running from sliced breads and pastas.

Well the truth is, your body needs carbohydrates. If you go without them completely your body will start to crave them. So it's not a good idea to exclude all carbs because the right kinds are actually good for you.

It's the processed carbohydrates that are bad for you -- the white breads, bagels, pastas, and white rice to name a few.

None of the above foods come out of the ground the way you eat them -- which is usually a bad sign. They've all been processed, thus stripping out all the nutrients leaving you with loads of starch.

The key is to eat "whole grain" foods because they haven't been processed and contain the fiber and minerals your body needs.

So don't be fooled by a loaf of bread labeled "wheat". Regular wheat bread is still lacking in vitamins and minerals. Manufacturers add molasses to it so it turns brown.

Don't let them trick you. The only kind of bread that's good for you is the kind that's labeled "whole grain".

Tomatoes

You can start by passing the ketchup. Several studies have linked the cooked tomatoes in ketchup, soups and sauces to a reduced risk of prostate cancer and other cancers of the digestive tract. Tomatoes contain lycopene, probably the most powerful antioxidant among the carotenoids, the compounds that turn fruits and veggies deep orange. It is so good at mopping up free radicals that Lycopene outperforms the best-known carotenoid of them all, beta-carotene. It is readily released from tomatoes by cooking and--good news for pizza lovers--it's most easily absorbed when a small amount of oil is added. Like your tomatoes raw? That's good too. They can be a valuable source of vitamin C.

To tell you the truth I was just interested to see what foods they mentioned and when I saw that they were all vegan and healthy I didn't do much in-depth reading as, again, I don't believe in spot reduction, but I will look through the article and report back.

Tomatoes

You can start by passing the ketchup. Several studies have linked the cooked tomatoes in ketchup, soups and sauces to a reduced risk of prostate cancer and other cancers of the digestive tract.

What about all the other crap that they put in ketchup?

Tomatoes

You can start by passing the ketchup. Several studies have linked the cooked tomatoes in ketchup, soups and sauces to a reduced risk of prostate cancer and other cancers of the digestive tract.

What about all the other crap that they put in ketchup?

They don't only mention ketchup Xar -- they mention sauces and soups as well, which are probably healthier and a better source, but nothing beats the real thing -- tomatoes. I assume they mean ketchups that only have tomatoes, oil, sugar, salt, etc. Personally I prefer real tomatoes, but listed this as I was looking at reasons on the web why they would list tomatoes as one of the 10 foods -- lycopeine.

I’ll see if I can find a web site about it. The way it works is that you body need to spend energy to heat up the water there for burning calories. I heard that sipping ice water through out the day burns an extra 100 calories, if you did that for a whole year it would equal about 15 pounds. Not a huge amount but something easy to do.

I thought ketchup was mostly tomatoes, vinegar, salt, sugar, and some other spices… is there really anything too bad in it?

I'm sorry I'm kind of a freak when it comes down to processed foods (so long as I'm not the one who processed them from fresh ingredients)...

I thought ketchup was mostly tomatoes, vinegar, salt, sugar, and some other spices… is there really anything too bad in it?

Depends on the brand, but in most standard ketchups, the main ingredient is SUGAR. It's sugar with tomatoes and spices

Then there are other ingredients i don't like in my food, like artificial flavors, preservatives and stuff. Organic ketchup is better, but still has sugar.

black holes make your belly flat. They are rare, but if you can find one and you digest it, it will suck your guts right in

How do you stop it sucking the rest of you in though so you don't disappear in the Black Hole.

The only Black Hole I'm familiar with is the one at Alton Towers. You remember The Mouse too? My sister had to be rescued off that once. My first roller-coaster was The Cobra at the West Midlands Safari Park. I was only 8.....

Back on topic, oats/porridge is meant to help prevent bloating as well as being very good for you.

I have a flat belly, but do get bloating unfortunately, so you wouldn't always know it. Probably coz I eat my food ridiculously fast. I don't even stop to breathe.

Usually, high fructose corn syrup, unless you buy a health food store brand. HFCS is something that many nutritionists recommend avoiding (but it's in many, many processed foods in the United States. )

Only one green on that list!!

The list contains at least 3 items that are green raVen (Grapes, Spinach and Broccoli). 4 items if you get Green Bell Peppers (though probably not very good in Green shakes )

Kathryn's right about high fructose corn syrup being in most processed foods and consuming too much of it is bad for you. So basically, anyone that eats heavily processed foods is or will get screwed.

black holes make your belly flat. They are rare, but if you can find one and you digest it, it will suck your guts right in

How do you stop it sucking the rest of you in though so you don't disappear in the Black Hole.

The only Black Hole I'm familiar with is the one at Alton Towers. You remember The Mouse too? My sister had to be rescued off that once. My first roller-coaster was The Cobra at the West Midlands Safari Park. I was only 8.....

I loved going to alton towers. i want to go back soo bad!

Crash, yes, I meant green leafies

I think the best foods for a flat tummy are lots of fresh, whole raw foods. Having experienced a lifelong battle with my "pouch," (even while running 10 miles a day!) I know! It's exercise and diet, but not just one or the other.

Disappearing entirely would be the ultimate in weight loss!

But losing everything would be taking weight loss a little too far no? Where would you go in this black hole Rich, and where would you come out, if you ever did?