eating befrore bed

mad05c

No. The reason people gain weight is because they consume more calories than they burn, that's it. The fact that it's late at night when they consume the excess is why they want to blame it on that instead of the food . When told not to eat late at night to lose weight, it's just a way of saying not to eat those extra calories. If you eat them any other time of the day, you'll gain weight too; it's just the night time that people seem to get the munchies.

It's not wise to eat right before bed, supposedly, because it is a bit hard on the digestive system, though. I guess we should give it a rest too .

This makes me think of the "supposed" benefit of consuming 6 or 7 small meals throughout your day, as recommended in todays fitness program, as a means to lose weight, listing a whole bunch of scientific like research about fat storage, and famine, blah blah blah.

And knowing how difficult it is to prepare 6 meals EVERYDAY, isn't it convenient that they have produced a Meal Replacement Powder (MRP)

WOW!! how lucky for us!!! otherwise we'd never be able to lose weight!

moo.

I have a bad habit of this. I try to not eat after 7:30 or 8pm. I use an herbal supplement at times that helps me rest before bed, and well, it gives me the "munchies". I firmly believe that this will hinder weight loss/maintenance. The whole body needs a rest at night. Eating too late will force everything to keep moving. At least thats what I've read and I believe it. I know if I eat before bed I don't sleep as well as if I didn't. I'm stuck in REM sleep.

EDIT: To add, I guess it also depends on one's metabolism.

I believe that hunger should dictate when one should eat. If you have genuine hunger an hour before bed, I say eat something! Your body obviously is telling you it needs nourishment.

BUT! it needs to be real hunger, not that feeling you get when your stomach is empty. nor when you're bored, nor during moments of crisis when you need something "comforting"

I am not the expert but from some experts..

The body goes into certain rhythms during the day and night. Prior to sleeping it wants to minimize all processes, activities etc. and go into hibernate mode.

Activating it physicall or mentally.. i.e. action film, loud music vs light reading, soft music.. affects things.

Ive been told to not sleep or lie down atleast an hour or so after eating. Your body is designed for digesting things.. sitting / standing vertically.

Thats probably what makes things better or worse. How much it affects weight gain or absorbtion assimilation of nutrients into muscle or fat or buring of CARBS you ate depends on how and when ur body gets into certain rhythms.. but if u are winding down.. its better to not eat a lot.

Breakfast like a KING

Lunch like a PRINCE

Dinner like a PAUPER.

what do yall think about eating before sleep? does it ferment inside and cause body fat??

I have no problem with it - my body isn't gonna be gettin any food for about 6-10 hours, depending on what time I get my head down.