all powder

okay so I been trying to think of a more cost effecient way to get enough protein. and also I am getting sick of eating the same things day in and day out to make sure I get enough protein. I mainly consume food for energy and not taste. but i am seriously getting tired of tasting the same things.

I'm also not getting enough calories.

I'm thinking about making sure I get at least 200g of protein a day from protein shakes.

1 shake= 50g soy isolate protein powder (220 calories), two bananas, strawberries, and soymilk

I plan to have 3 shakes throughout the day. I will have 1 X 50g (morning), 1X50g (noon), and 1X100g (evening).

I plan to start eating a lot more carbs too.

and since i will be getting at least 200g a day, I wont worry about if I am getting enough protein....I think I will probabably be taking in at least 300g in daily total.

I plan to eat lots of wholewheat spaghetti, bagels, rice, lentils, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hey Hero!

Did you do this?

What are your experiences? Did it work? Did it show results?

I personally wouldn't do that, because i think it's unnatural to drink three highly concentrated soy protein shakes per day. If that really would be necessary to build muscle, i think then i rather wouldn't build muscle. There are other protein sources, check the other thread.

Greetz,

Daywalker

I'd also like to know the results of this if you did it. At one stage, I was consuming about 150g of soy protein from shakes per day, but was doing ineffectual lifting and that's why I think I sucked. I can't see why this wouldn't work, as long as there's at least some other sources of protein like you said.