Do you get that much fiber?

I know that I do get a lot of fiber. I'd say even too much. I've been Vegan for a year now.

I did build myself a balanced and junk free Diet. It does contain cooked and raw foods.

I avoid eating fruits like one hour before and after a meal.

But for the last couple weeks I've been feeling bloated. And like my stomach just gets irritated too much.

I did a blood test lately. And it seems I am a bit on the lower end of hemoglobin and ferritin levels.

Although I really don't like taking anything that was made in lab. I decided to take Iron supplement for couple months just to balance the Iron levels.

Since I do eat lots of Vegan foods that are rich in Iron. I really thought my Iron levels should be ok.

So it makes me wonder maybe all that fiber interfere with the Iron absorption.

Also I try not to eat Iron rich foods with calcium rich foods. Not that it's always possible as as some Vegan foods have both.

And I eat foods that have Vitamin C with Iron rich foods.

I don't see how else I can get more Iron from my nutrition without taking it in a form of supplement.

I am wondering if I am missing something?

I know that I do get a lot of fiber. I'd say even too much. I've been Vegan for a year now.

I did build myself a balanced and junk free Diet. It does contain cooked and raw foods.

I avoid eating fruits like one hour before and after a meal.

But for the last couple weeks I've been feeling bloated. And like my stomach just gets irritated too much.

I did a blood test lately. And it seems I am a bit on the lower end of hemoglobin and ferritin levels.

Although I really don't like taking anything that was made in lab. I decided to take Iron supplement for couple months just to balance the Iron levels.

Since I do eat lots of Vegan foods that are rich in Iron. I really thought my Iron levels should be ok.

So it makes me wonder maybe all that fiber interfere with the Iron absorption.

Also I try not to eat Iron rich foods with calcium rich foods. Not that it's always possible as as some Vegan foods have both.

And I eat foods that have Vitamin C with Iron rich foods.

I don't see how else I can get more Iron from my nutrition without taking it in a form of supplement.

I am wondering if I am missing something?

Just would like to see what types of foods you're eating.

Don't forget there are tons of micronutrient veg/fruits that the body needs to help

absorb iron.

if you don't want to eat green leafy vegetables for iron try hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds or sunflower. all have iron. quinoa is also good for iron

I already eat these and much more(we don't seem to have here hemp seeds though). As I said my Diet pretty much balanced that's why it seems weird.

• 2 years later...