Weight is going up but so is fat %

Badgerman

Hi,

I need a bit of assistance, my typical diet plan is below. Since doing a juice fast an dropping to 10 st 13lbs, I am now back up to 12st dead. I was at 13% body fat but I have noticed this has crept up to 15.5% and the little belly is coming back also. Any guidance would be appreciated, the obvious thing is the fat but all the fats I am eating are really healthy ones so I am not sure this is the thing that needs changing. Believe it or not my nutritional knowledge is very good but you just can't see the wood for the trees when it is yourself who is in question.

I eat mostly raw vegan with a little occasional cheese (normally unpaturised) and maybe 5 cooked meals a week. More in the winter months though.

Meal 1

Protein Shake - Hemp

Morning Smoothie - Chlorella, Hemp Milk, Maca, Flax Oil

Oats

Meal 2

6 Brazil Nuts

10 Almonds

1 Apple

Meal 3

1 Soya Sausage

Courgette (Zuchini to those not in the UK)

Mushrooms

Tomato

Broccoli

Sprouted Lentils

Pad Thai Sauce (sesame oil, tamari, lime juice, honey)

Meal 4

Homemade Protein Bar (nuts, dates, hemp protein, buckwheat, raisins) 20g protein per bar

1 Plum

Meal 5

2 Slice of Sourdough Bread

Slow roasted Vegetables, onion, courgette, tomato,

Meal 6

1 Piece Raw Chocolate

2 Rice Cakes with peanut butter

Energy Calories: 3458

Protein: 142.9 g

Carbs: 424.8 g

Fat: 136.2 g

if you're bulking it's natural to gain fat aswell as muscle

3500 calories doesnt sound like maintenance or cutting calories to me, that depends on your weight though

i also have a weird problem kinda related to this, my weight is staying the same, but according to my body fat scales, my body fat % is going up, i'm just guessing the scales are wrong & will be upping my calories soon

Fasting can be good for your body and your long term health because it gives your body time to heal itself. But it really shouldn't be used as a way to lose weight(not sure if that was your intent). Fasting will slow down the body's metabolism so after a fast you have to be very careful with your diet and may have to consume less calories than you were prior to the fast.

It is hard to say what your calorie intake should be without knowing your weight and physical activity, but if you are gaining fat then it sounds like it may be too high.

• 1 month later...