Female athlete, need some advices about meal plan :)

Annie_L

Hi guys!

Let me tell you straight that I am not vegan. But, I always wanted to be because of my love to animals (you can´t love and eat them at the same time, right?!). So I would really appreciate if you gave me some advices how to start.

I am a female athlete. Right now, I do my winter conditioning program which consists of lifting 3 times a week and interval training 2 times a week. I am 5´ 10´´ and about 130lbs. 15% BF. My goals are to drop BF little bit and maintain/gain weight. It doesn´t really matter. I am happy with the way how I look.

About my diet- I ate so much meat product. My coach always encouraged me to do that and I had closed eyes… Please, don´t judge. I want to change it!

Would anyone be so kind and give me some avice about meal plan?? I think I am not able to switch to veganism from day to another day though. As I said, I ate so many meat products.

I also have some digestion problems with soy (tofu is quite OK, but I felt so bad after soy beans). Also, how do you guys prepare coffee? I tried almond milk and it didn´t taste good.

So, my plan for the first month is to cut meat, yoghurts and cheese. Leave eggs and quest bar from whey protein.

Meal 1: oatmeal (made from oats, chia seeds, vanilla almond milk, egg whites, blueberries)

Meal 2: "quest" protein bar (post workout snack)

Meal 3: quinoa with veggies and almond cheese (I haven´t tried the cheese yet though...)

Meal 4: apple, prunes, almonds

Meal 5: some soy-free meat alternative (any suggestions??), salad, avocado

Thank you for any advice and have a good day!

Hi Annie.

Your best bet is to look up some vegan recipes and find a few that intrigue you. My favorite are sweet potatoes topped with spicy (salsa) black beans or butternut squash and black bean enchiladas.

Wraps with hummus or cashew cream cheese are pretty good and simple. As are soups and chilis.

I personally do not like the fake meats and cheeses, but you might... try them and see.

Try to add in beans slowly - if you are not used to them they might give you some digestion issues. It gets better tho. Lentils are easier to start with.

For coffee I haven't tried it yet, but this one looks good http://shrinkingkitchen.com/all-natural-vanilla-spice-homemade-coffee-creamer/

Thank you! I am checking the recipes. I actually eat wraps with hummus sometimes. And I quite liked tapioca cheese which I bought yesterday. I will try the creamer, thank you!!

Lentils are easy to digest for me, but I don´t know about beans. Also, are the beans from can ok to eat?

Is a good idea to buy vegan protein? I used vega protein powder- it tasted amazing! But I don´t know if I could trust them because they contain/contained antibiotics. (http://vegansaurus.com/post/66840423364). I just don´t want to end up with drinking protein powders, thinking how healthy they are when the reality is completely different.