For those of you with pets.....

I'm wondering for those of you with pets if you also keep a vegan diet for your little loved ones.

I've fed my dog mainly a vegetarian/pescetarian diet, but notice that she really loves meat. Also she will not eat anything with tofu in it. Does anyone here have good recipes for dogs or cats? I'm thinking of compiling recipes for a Vegan Pet Cookbook if anyone would like to share some ideas!

Vanessa

Hey Vanessa, well dogs are omnivores and really don't need meat in order to be healthy, you can just feed them on a meat free diet and I think there are special dog biscuits you can buy, have a google around as I'm not sure where..

With cats though I just wouldn't recommend buying special meat free food, I've studied animal management, physiology, anatomy, nutrition and behaviour etc. for two years and I know it can be dangerous as the are true carnivores.

Anyways, good luck with everything amd let us know how you get on

• 2 weeks later...

as ross said dogs dont have problems with a balanced vegan diet, i am sure if you would cook vegan food for them would be always healthier and more tasty than those crunchy friskies bullshit that people give to dogs today.

but yeah if cats follow a vegan diet they will have problems esepcially with eyes (blindness etc), and that would be even stupid because cats are primarly carnivores.

• 2 weeks later...