Raw-vegan Youtube CH attacked by Eating disorder group

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

HIT Rob
Gorilla

Re: Raw-vegan Youtube CH attacked by Eating disorder group

#16 Postby HIT Rob » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:10 am

New World Vegan wrote:
This whole thread is full of nonsense from both of you.

Are you suggesting Rob has multiple personalities? :lachmal: He does seem like a vegan possessed by Dr. Atkins vengeful spirit.

First came intelligence
Then the ability and curiosity to cook
Then came so much disease..... disease that goes away by eating Raw.

I think I get the "Flat earth" reference: Rob continues to believe a falsehood though the truth has been clearly shown.

Human body prefers fat for fuel????? Tell that to Low-carb athlete Timothy Olson who eats carbs during races.

Gary High-Fruit (150 videos)

Gary, you are aware am not advocating anyone here should eat meat aren't you? I'm merely pointing out (based on the evidence) that eating meat and cooking may well have play a large role in making us what we are today. This is something that even as a none meat eater i have no issues with. You clea

And am hardy an Atkins diet promoter, i've not eaten meat in over a decade....

Are you really suggesting that cooking food is the sole reason for what has lead to the metabolic syndrome that sweeps are nation's today? If so, NONE of the doctors or nutritionists that work in the same hospital as me would agree with you. Neither does the British heart and stroke foundation, nor the British cancer association.

Btw, had it not have been for a high fat diet, we my never have made it as a species, it also is the preferred source of fuel for most of the hunter gatherer societies that still exist today. Fat at keeps us fueled for longer (which stands to reason from a survival point of view) and it plays many important roles within the body. In my own experience over the last several months, I've found this to be true, since increasing my fat intake and lowering my carb intake, my irregular heart beat has improved, as has my joint and lower back health. I require only 2-3 feeding's a day, as opposed to the 5-6 feeding a day i required on a high carb diet, and my bodyfat has dropped by 6%.

Rob

New World Vegan
Rabbit

#17 Postby New World Vegan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:52 pm

No, I'm saying cooking didn't come 1st. Cooking led to eating the wrong foods that can only be eaten after cooking.

People that left humans indigenous environ had to eat un-naturally. You're warping that to make high-fat look like a savior, when if you stayed in the tropics, we'd survive AND be healthy.

China, Sri Lanka, horses, monkeys, etc never at a high-fat diet, and they're still here.
Youtube's Gary High-Fruit . . . http://www.youtube.com/user/Gary1111001

Won't stop - won't flip flop - rockin round the clock

blabbate
Gorilla

#18 Postby blabbate » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:55 pm

HIT Rob wrote:Are you really suggesting that cooking food is the sole reason for what has lead to the metabolic syndrome that sweeps are nation's today? If so, NONE of the doctors or nutritionists that work in the same hospital as me would agree with you. Neither does the British heart and stroke foundation, nor the British cancer association.

Btw, had it not have been for a high fat diet, we my never have made it as a species, it also is the preferred source of fuel for most of the hunter gatherer societies that still exist today. Fat at keeps us fueled for longer (which stands to reason from a survival point of view) and it plays many important roles within the body. In my own experience over the last several months, I've found this to be true, since increasing my fat intake and lowering my carb intake, my irregular heart beat has improved, as has my joint and lower back health. I require only 2-3 feeding's a day, as opposed to the 5-6 feeding a day i required on a high carb diet, and my bodyfat has dropped by 6%.

Rob

Holy crap, hang in there, Rob. You're fighting the good fight.
--
Bruce

lepiante
Rabbit

#19 Postby lepiante » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:43 am

HIT Rob wrote:Gary, you are aware am not advocating anyone here should eat meat aren't you? I'm merely pointing out (based on the evidence) that eating meat and cooking may well have play a large role in making us what we are today. This is something that even as a none meat eater i have no issues with. You clea

And am hardy an Atkins diet promoter, i've not eaten meat in over a decade....

Are you really suggesting that cooking food is the sole reason for what has lead to the metabolic syndrome that sweeps are nation's today? If so, NONE of the doctors or nutritionists that work in the same hospital as me would agree with you. Neither does the British heart and stroke foundation, nor the British cancer association.

Rob

1. Doctors and nutritionists ARE NOT biochemists.
2. Not all fats are the same. Fatty acids in seed oils are exposed to oxygen during manufacturing which leads to the production of lipid peroxides(also known as lipid radicals). Lipid peroxides are one of the major sources that cause modern day diseases. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_peroxidation (I know you don't mean oils but its good to distinguish the different types of fat sources).

My observation on cranial evolution. Copied and pasted from an old thread.
=================================================

You’ll have to read this.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin
And this… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotrophin
To understand this… http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15044028

Vitamin K and the Nervous System: An Overview of its Actions
http://advances.nutrition.org/content/3/2/204.long

The neuroscience seems to indicate that high intake of leafy greens mainly for Vitamin A/K and nuts/oily seeds for the non-oxidized Omega 6 fatty acids are required in high amounts with sufficient serotonin to produce enough series 2 prostaglandins, which are required to increase neurotrophin levels, which eventually increase the number of neurons.

I haven't seen any research which indicates that Omega 3 fatty acids increase neurotrophin levels by themselves; they seem to work in conjunction of the Omega 6's. :roll:

————————————————————————
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10509750
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2544927

Prostaglandins are required to remodel the skull and the series 2 prostaglandins (made from Omega 6) are more effective at bone resorption/remodeling than the series 3 prostaglandins (made from Omega 3).

————————————————————————-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18348265

Vitamin D3 inhibits the production of series 2 prostaglandins. Those living further away from the equator have bigger skulls because they have lower levels of Vitamin D3 compared to those living closer to the equator. Less Vitamin D, less inhibition on neurogenesis however skull bone will not form without sufficient Vitamin D.

—————————————————————————

I don’t doubt we ate animals for survival purposes but animal fat is very low in Omega 6 fatty acids unless animals are force fed nuts and seeds high in omega 6 fatty acids. Plus if meat increased cranial size; big cats wouldn't have small 350cc cranials.
=============================================================================

Daniel_T
Finch

#20 Postby Daniel_T » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Leaner people who lower their caloric intake, with the intent to lose body fat, are also targets of eating disorder attacks.

I assume the attackers still value the goal physique.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”