what to eat on rest days?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Aloxis
Rabbit

what to eat on rest days?

#1 Postby Aloxis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:20 am

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if u eat different on rest days. I´ve read it´s good to go higher on protein and lower on carbs on rest days. If so, what kind of things do you eat? for meat eaters is easy but without meat I cant figure out how to eat low carb.

thanks

jacklebodybuilder
Rabbit

Re: what to eat on rest days?

#2 Postby jacklebodybuilder » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:05 am

Maybe big green salads, cooked spinach or kale in replacement of carbs like rice. Probs going to lower your calories a bit though. From the information i've read, a lot of nutrition principles that apply to meat eating bodybuilders or athlettes, require a differnt approach for vegans. Personally i stay high carb all the time, mainy from fruit and sweet potatoes. I've found im getting much more lean than i was on a high protein and fat diet.

Aloxis
Rabbit

#3 Postby Aloxis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:30 pm

thanx, could u post more or less what u eat? I must be quite careful because i´m skinny fat so if I eat a little too much i get belly fat fast, very fast, and if i eat too little i lose the little muscle i have...

sunnyC
Finch

#4 Postby sunnyC » Tue May 19, 2015 4:42 am

Aloxis wrote:thanx, could u post more or less what u eat? I must be quite careful because i´m skinny fat so if I eat a little too much i get belly fat fast, very fast, and if i eat too little i lose the little muscle i have...

I have that issue with my belly too! It happens super, super fast to me, usually around the holidays when I eat more and am lazier. Or snacking too much :popcorn: .

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”