Gone vegan and trainer hates it

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

URJokin
Finch

Gone vegan and trainer hates it

#1 Postby URJokin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:31 pm

I have decided to go vegan but my personal trainer doesn't like the idea because of the belief that animal protein is required to gain muscle (provide all of the amino acids) and it's not possible to without it.

I don't believe that and was wondering how do people who are vegans handle situations such as this? I don't want to consume any supplements or anything because I want to focus on clean eating and not fill my body with unnatural stuff. I have my reasons for going vegan, but why should I have to explain it to someone who believes animal protein is required.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

vegan_rossco
Batman

Re: Gone vegan and trainer hates it

#2 Postby vegan_rossco » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:34 am

First off, fire your personal trainer.
Second, check out the main veganbodybuilding.com website, there are loads of resources regarding dieting and training, or if you have any specific questions then everyone here is here to help :)
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#3 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:49 pm

From the ridiculous to the darn right stupid shit ive seen in the gym over the years, its become clear to me that the vast majority of "personal trainers" haven't got the slightest clue what their at, moreover most of them offer nutritional advise as a part of the service....even though most of them arent even qualified to do so!

I second Ross's opinion, fire the asshole and tell him if animal protein is so important for building muscle, then how come theres well documented research that shows muscle can be built on starvation diet as long as an adequate stimulus is employed.

Unfortunately gyms are now riddled today are with these over groomed, fake tan, cheesy bastards!
Last edited by HIT Rob on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esqinchi
Elephant

#4 Postby esqinchi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:26 pm

I'd fire him as well. But I'd first print out this picture, show it to him, explain that "this is Torre Washington, a vegan." Then I'd write "you're fired" on the back of the picture.
Attachments
Torre-Show-May26-29.jpg
Torre-Show-May26-29.jpg (232.95 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#5 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Is your trainers name Vince Del monte by any chance lol:)

seanE
Rabbit

#6 Postby seanE » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:33 am

hes an idiot, but finding a trainer that isn't might be a challenge good luck. :?
you must learn not to let others offend you.
''I'm only here to teach you that''

VeganBadass_CO
Manatee

#7 Postby VeganBadass_CO » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:00 pm

I'd smile...tell him thanks for the advice. Then proceed to get all Robert Cheeke huge and shredded while he watches in amazement. LOL!

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”