Refocus and Intro

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

wild8hrt
Finch

Refocus and Intro

#1 Postby wild8hrt » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:22 am

My name is Jeremy, I'm from LA. I went from veg to vegan in 2010 after being veg for much of my life. A vegetarian (and then vegan) diet got me from about 310lbs with Type II Diabetes, high choleterol, high blood pressure, feet turning purple...it was pretty awful to a new bod and life. With good diet and moderate exercise (weights, cardio, walking, hiking, body boarding), it was all reversed and I lost 115 pounds. Then...injured both my shoulders, a bad breakup, money problems and I gained 30lbs back. Before, I managed to get to 195lbs and had a way to go to get to where I wanted to be.

I'm going to produce fast for a week (probably next week) to clean out my system and hit the restart button. Due to my bad shoulders (tore both rotator cuffs, it's a "thing" for over 40 men in my family) I can't use very heavy weights. I'm overwhelmed at the moment, that's where I'll start. I have a membership to a good 24 hour gym nearby. I know from past experience that if I get my bod together, life will follow.

I look forward to learning from you guys.

HIT Rob
Gorilla

Re: Refocus and Intro

#2 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:51 pm

That's a heck of an achievement, you've got this...

With regards to your injuries, its worth noting that the research shows you can activate up to 90% of your muscle fibers that can be activated at one time with as little as 50% of your 1 rep max, provided you go to failure. So were you may not be able to maximize growth, you can still do a dam good job.

Best of luck
Rob

kathymtns
Manatee

Re: Refocus and Intro

#3 Postby kathymtns » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:52 pm

You can do this. I can't imagine the frustation you must feel with your shoulders.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”