bone healing diet

two days ago, i was riding my bike a little bit more recklessly then i usually do, and i got in a difficult situation that ended with me riding into a curb at top speed. i flew off and hit my wrist. luckily i was wearinng a helmet, and other than a fractured wrist i am fine. (my frame is pretty bent up though )

other than getting lots of calcium, is there anything i can do to heal up faster?

Sorry to hear about your injury. Don't overdo on the calcium! No need really; just make sure you are taking in some via your plant sources. Your body will take what it needs. Here's a good summary of plant sources:

http://www.carrotcafe.com/f/calevel.html

Just give it time. Resting your wrist is the important thing. No way to speed up the healing process. But don't let it keep you from getting any aerobic activity, such as on a bike trainer, or even walking or running. Keeping your fitness level where it is will help you heal more optimally than if you were sedentary and when you are able to ride fully again you won't experience too much drop off.

Good luck!

Eat lots of dark greens: they contain many nutrients, like boron, magnesium, etc. that are good for the bones.

And get some sun exposure every day, to help your body make vitamin D, and to speed healing (but don't overdo: a bit of sun can help with healing, too much sun increases risks for skin cancer).