What's in your lunch bag?

Helllo everyone,

I get this type of question a lot........not just from website readers, but co-workers, friends, etc.

So, what's in your lunch bag? I work a regular 9-5 job like most of you, so I take a lunch bag or "lunch box" whatever they are called, to work with me.

Sometimes my lunch bag weighs bout 10 pounds and I'm pleased.

Since it's 6:30AM and I just packed my lunch for the next 8 hours of work I'll quickly list what's in there:

3 Apples

3 Oranges

2 Bananas

1 Package Ives Veggie Turkey

Small bag of Almonds

2 Clif "Builder" bars

2 fruit drinks

I think that's it for my 8-4 hours and then plenty of food later on and for breakfast I am currently having:

Oatmeal

Soy Yogurt

Choc. Soy milk

Feel free to list what's in your lunch bag, we could make an online nutrition log so readers get an idea of what we eat each day.

what are cliff builder bars? I have not seen those yet!

I made $300 last night in tips from one of my jobs and another $75 in salary pay from my first job. that is $375 in one day!!!!

here is what is in mine.

viatamins

vitamin c

multi vitamin

amino acid

b-complex

2 cliff bars (peanut butter and chocolate mint)

phad thai

this is all I have right now. I have to buy some food later like a few bananas and apples. I am still working 16-19 hours per day on 2-3 hours of sleep so I have not gotten into the gym.

Breakfast - Smoothie

1 cup Silk soymilk enhanced with flax oil for Omega 3s

One Orange

One Banana

5 grams creatine

40 grams Nutribiotic Rice Protein

Lunch Bag - Kind of light today, but I will be going out at lunch as today is not a training day. Usually spend my lunch hour at the gym 3-4 days per week.

About a pound of leftover mexican casserole made of corn tortillas, refried beans, fried potatos and onions, tofu and enchilada sauce.

Cliff Bar, Carrot Cake flavor

Two Bananas

320z. Soymilk

Will probably grab a vegan chicken salad sandwich at the local health food store on my break.

On a typical day add a couple of bagels or peanut butter and Jelly on whole wheat, another Cliff bar and more leftovers.

Dinner tonight will be out with my girlfriend. We are trying to decide between our favorite Thai place or the new Vegan Chinese restaurant with the all you can eat buffet! Damn I love that place!

Started bulking in October 2004 at 205 pounds, currently 242 with a goal of 250. Nice to see that goal so close now. Then comes the hard part of shedding all the extra fat. Oh well, there is a lot of new muscle to help with that.

Thats alot of food robert!

I dont have a job right now still studying but applied to some places.

And bobby, you must have a high paying job!

I barback. Basically I make sure the bartenders in my bar have everything that they need. It is a lot of lifting and a lot of running.

The reason I made that much is because the kentucky derby is tomorrow and the week of derby is crazy here. And because there are an extra 500,000 people here from out of town, the bars are always slammed.

Cool news though, micheal jordan, cuba gooding jr and tom brady are amung the celebrities that are suppose to be in my bar. mj and cbj were there last night.

OHHHHH and all the professional wrestlers for wwe go through years of training camp here in kentucky so I saw a bunch of them last night too.

Wow michael, you bulked really fast! I remember 250 was my high school goal, or better yet aspiration, but I wasnt able to hit it. A year later, and 70+ lbs + more, I am in my 250's. I was wondering how your lifts were so strong at a bodyweight of 205, thanks for letting me know that you are 242. You also have some nice looking food.

bobby, that job sounds fun. As for WWE, they are my fav! Were they WWE wrestlers in training or already stars like Batista? Good luck on the job for the week mate!

The Builder bars are probably the best tasting ones I've had, especially Peanut Butter flavor. They are also very heavy in calories, you eat 2 of them and that's 540 calories with 40 grams of protein.

They are a bit sweet, kinda sugary, but I eat them on occasion. Clif bars seem to upset my stomach a bit so I don't eat them as much as I used to.

Now I eat tons and tons of fruit. More than I ever have before, I just like them so much!

So far today...

Cup of orange juice with 40g rice protein and 3g creatine.

Banana

Choc Chip Clif Bar

1 can Progresso Lentil soup

40g rice protein and 7g creatine - half before workout/half after

Another Banana

Big size boca burger on whole wheat with mustard and ketchup.

Have another Clif bar and an apple with me. Haven't thought about dinner yet?

Breakfast - Smoothie

1 cup Silk soymilk enhanced with flax oil for Omega 3s

One Orange

One Banana

5 grams creatine

40 grams Nutribiotic Rice Protein

Lunch Bag - Kind of light today, but I will be going out at lunch as today is not a training day. Usually spend my lunch hour at the gym 3-4 days per week.

About a pound of leftover mexican casserole made of corn tortillas, refried beans, fried potatos and onions, tofu and enchilada sauce.

Cliff Bar, Carrot Cake flavor

Two Bananas

320z. Soymilk

Will probably grab a vegan chicken salad sandwich at the local health food store on my break.

On a typical day add a couple of bagels or peanut butter and Jelly on whole wheat, another Cliff bar and more leftovers.

Dinner tonight will be out with my girlfriend. We are trying to decide between our favorite Thai place or the new Vegan Chinese restaurant with the all you can eat buffet! Damn I love that place!

Started bulking in October 2004 at 205 pounds, currently 242 with a goal of 250. Nice to see that goal so close now. Then comes the hard part of shedding all the extra fat. Oh well, there is a lot of new muscle to help with that.

LOL. That's my favorite midnight snack.

I just got home from work so I just finished breakfast and I'll think about lunch whenever I wake up- (I've been craving notdogs with vegitarian baked beans so I might have that for a snack when I wake up)

This morning I had 12 oz of chocolate shake (naturade & silk) a banana and oatmeal (not instant) with raisins and flax seed oil. I'll have my multivitamin and my vitamin C, B-6 and B12 in a few minutes and then I'll be off to bed until dodgeball this afternoon. (About 30 of my friends and I get together every sunday in the summer to play and today is the first game of the summer- It's a damned shame it's only going to get to 53 degrees here today! )

BURRITOS ARE GOOD!
I was thinking about how awesome burritos are yesterday (had two huge bean and veggie burritos for dinner last night) I'll make a burrito out of anything- it's my favorite kind of "fast food" I'll make a burrito out of beans, rice, veggies, seitan or whatever else I have in the fridge and eat it on the way to work or school or the gym. I've also taken peanut butter (or Tofutti cream cheese with a little lime or lemon juice and just a pinch of organic sugar) and spread it on a tortilla with fresh fruit for a snack.

BURRITOS ARE GOOD!
I was thinking about how awesome burritos are yesterday (had two huge bean and veggie burritos for dinner last night) I'll make a burrito out of anything- it's my favorite kind of "fast food" I'll make a burrito out of beans, rice, veggies, seitan or whatever else I have in the fridge and eat it on the way to work or school or the gym. I've also taken peanut butter (or Tofutti cream cheese with a little lime or lemon juice and just a pinch of organic sugar) and spread it on a tortilla with fresh fruit for a snack.

Yeah i never really use bread anymore, except for toast....

everything is in a wrap of some sort. My fav is to do a hummos, veggie and seitan wrap w/ avacado.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't actually pack a lunch bag for myself per se.. I go out sometimes for lunch - I just found a nice vegetarian restaurant about 2 miles from my office which is awesome. Otherwise I bring gardenburger meals or leftovers to work and use the microwave to cook/reheat. I do pack a lunch sack for my daughter which usually consists of a fruit (orange, banana) or fruit cup (pineapple, peaches, pears), various small vegan snacks for variety (cookie type stuff), and her favourite sandwich is hummus on pita bread with pickles (sometimes I add carrot shreds because she doesn't much like vegetables but will eat just about anything smothered in hummus:)) Othertimes I use yves veggie bologna with ketchup in pita bread. Sometimes I make smartdogs (cut them in half) and wrap them in a little dough and bake them. They do pretty well lasting all day in a lunchbox and eating cold. Occasionally she will eat PB&J. Someday I fear she will hate hummus as I do PB&J if she doesn't stop eating it every day.