accidentally consume

meh. the other day I bought this protein drink which I thought was for vegetarians, but it turned out it had whey in it. I really wish we had all vegan stores around here. so I wouldnt have to sit and read labels all the time. it really sucks when you skip over ingredients.

on something completely opposite. Boca now makes Vegan "chicken" patties. they used to have egg in it. now they dont.

Wow I was totally waiting for that! Thats the one that has the carrot in it correct? You can see it on the top of the pattie? I had those last time but they were vegetarian only! Thanks for letting me know!

I think the same, always i check the label, but i dont know if they say the always the true,this can be a little confuse,whatever a good thing to do is check with a doctor of nutration,or only check that one with partners and my trainer

I was so ticked off with health is wealth changing their chicken patties. I bought several boxes on sale only to find they contained eggs. Another way I check for veganness is look at the cholesterol since plant foods have no cholseterol then I presume vegan foods should also not have cholseterol.

• 3 weeks later...
on something completely opposite. Boca now makes Vegan "chicken" patties. they used to have egg in it. now they dont.

Damn, I was hoping they would make those vegan!!!!! You just made my day!

I knew they are vegan now.. people made a big deal about not having vegan chicken patties when health is wealth (I believed) changed so I think some veggie companies took note

Am I missing something? I have checked out the Boca Chick'n Patties at several different stores. They have new packaging, but they still have eggs.

I knew they are vegan now.. people made a big deal about not having vegan chicken patties when health is wealth (I believed) changed so I think some veggie companies took note

Am I missing something? I have checked out the Boca Chick'n Patties at several different stores. They have new packaging, but they still have eggs.

they still make some with eggs, but the new THICKER CRISPIER BREADDING ones have no eggs. and the new ingredients are even bolded on the back.

they still make some with eggs, but the new THICKER CRISPIER BREADDING ones have no eggs. and the new ingredients are even bolded on the back.

THICKER CRISPIER BREADING? Those are the ones I was looking at mate. They have moved the "egg whites" further down the list in the 2% or less list of ingredients, but they are still there.

Now I'm really confused, I just checked out the Boca web site and the ingredients listed there do NOT include egg whites. There is a statement advising to see the actual package for the "most accurate and up to date" information. I wonder what is going on here? I don't trust Boca any more!

Hmm, must just be old packages at my local stores. The following from Boca:

Which BOCA® Foods products are vegan, or free of animal-derived ingredients?

The following BOCA products in our Mainstream line are now desginated vegan: Chili Vegan Burger Roasted Garlic Burger Roasted Onion Burger Chik'n Nuggets Chik'n Patties Spicy Chik'n Patties Ground Burger For the Roasted Garlic Burger and Chik'n Nuggets and Patties, we've recently removed egg, milk, and dairy ingredients to make them vegan. To ensure that the package you have is vegan, we recommend that you check the ingredient line to ensure that egg, milk and dairy ingredients aren't listed. In our line made with no artificial preservatives or flavors, both the BOCA Vegan Burger and BOCA Ground Burger are vegan.

maybe you have some of the in between packages??

I have two kinds by me:

1. has eggs and is not vegan

2. the thicker breadding ones state that they are completly vegan.

and I triple checked and they are. (I only ate them for a week)

I will try to check it out asap. maybe they went back to making em non vegan?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe they are phasing out the egg variety. One store I go to has the vegan variety, the other has the egg. Both packages look the same & I do not see "Vegan" on the vegan package. Arghh! You would think that would be a selling feature & they would prominently display "VEGAN!!" on their product!

Oh man, I am hooked on these little things! A Chik'n with 1/2 can of beans -- yum! A good filling meal.