i'm a fatty.

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

minimalistica
Rabbit

#31 Postby minimalistica » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:25 pm

I am definitely in! I've been trying to lose weight forever.

I've seen the Eat to Live diet, and I'm interested in it but I've found that with any diet, as long as you can stick to it, it'll work. The problem is having the resolve and dedication and also making choices that you can actually live with. I've done WeightWatchers before and it did work up to a point, but then I got off track and didn't get back.

I've made my great aunt, of all people, my weightloss buddy... but since she lives in the Chicago burbs and I live in California, there's only so much we can do!!

I'd love to find a more local buddy, but I'm kind of in an antisocial phase of my life. I'm seriously considering going back to WW and maybe actually joing the groups and getting serious about it.

Anyway, I'd love to be anyone's buddy on here as well. Feel free to message me on AIM or Yahoo, as they're both attached to my signature down there.

BTW, Gaia, that's always been my chat name. Good thing I went for something else this time or else there'd be just a lot of confusion!
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller

chesty leroux
Elephant

#32 Postby chesty leroux » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:45 pm

hey ladies, I am thinking we need to start another thread or sortof do a log together, where we write down what we are doing as far as exercise/ eating during the week, or day, whatever. Anybody up for it?
If I can't dance, I don't want any part of your revolution - Emma Goldman

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

hsorlando
Elephant

#33 Postby hsorlando » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:58 am

I usually say stay away from the diet programs, but I have one exception to that rule. South Beach is a good plan,because its less about a diet, and more about a lifestyle change. Before S.B. I hated salads, now if I go 2 days without a salad, I crave them. My Mom,and I started S.B. around April, and whereas the weight has come off slow, it's stayed off for good. The first two weeks are the hardest, this is the first phase, and the Dr.that started the diet even says it'll be hard. But it switches off your switch thats on in your system that says you always want sweets, and sugar, and bad choices. I also thought doing S.B.on a vegan diet would be impossible,but it's been quite easy. I started at 163, and am now down to 140. My Mom was 213, and she's now 188. And we treat ourselves to a vegan chocolate chip cookie once a week, from Whole Foods, and we keep losing. And this diet is not a high protein, low carb diet, its an eat the right foods diet. If this diet were Atkins, or The Zone, a vegan could not do it! Hope this helps!

the Asocial Ape
Manatee

#34 Postby the Asocial Ape » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm

andesuma wrote:...your body knows how to count those calories itself(hence feeling full, and never
gorging on 10+ oranges..etc..)...

i could totally eat 10 oranges.
Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy.
-Comrade Mao

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”