Pea Protein

Zack

Anyone tried Pea Protein Powder? I'm interested in getting some, Don't want to waste money on something that tastes terrible though. I'm looking at the Pure Advantage kind, wild berry flavor.

I'm not big on powders, but every once in a while I want a protein shake.

Anyone tried Pea Protein Powder? I'm interested in getting some, Don't want to waste money on something that tastes terrible though. I'm looking at the Pure Advantage kind, wild berry flavor.

I am wanting to get some pea protein and I found a site that carries it in bulk unflavored, though it is from the UK. I don't know what the stuff tastes like, though, so I am somewhat reluctant. http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/

I used pea protein before and it was better than soy protein for me. I've stopped using protein powders now though.

You have to blend it in something (like a fruit smoothie for example) otherwise it's pretty ing (like most protein powders).

When I switched from soy powder to pea my gains skyrocketed. It's a good idea to diversify your protein sources. With all the soy milk and mock meat I consume, more soy in the form of powder isn't really a good idea.

Your totally right about having to blend it in something. I have two signature smoothies- a fruit one and a chocolate milkshake one. And if you don't blend the protein in something it will taste like chalk. There's no two ways around it- so it really isn't that portable since you need a blender.

Fruit smoothie

0.5-0.75 liters orange juice

1 banana

Handfull of frozen strawberries

1 tbsp flax seed oil

33 g scoop Naturade soy free veg protein powder (or other pea protein)

I never used to put flax in the fruit one, but you can "hide" it in there to get an extra 110 calories and EFA's, which is great if your bulking

Chocolate Milk Shake Smoothie

1 banana

0.75 liters soy milk

1 tbsp flax oil

0.5-2 tbsp non-dairy chocolate milk mix

2-3 scoops soy delicious ice cream (chocolate velvet)

33 gram scoop protein

1 tbsp BCAA's or glutamine

This shake tastes great. It's over 500 calories. With a heavy hand, I've make this shake up to 800 calories and 40+ grams of protein (from several sources). I've had up to 3 of these a day with 3-4 additional whole food meals, for effortless 5000 calorie days. Obviously good for bulking .