Becoming Raw Vegan

If you're going to go raw, take it slowly, eat a lot of fresh fruits and greens, but don't go overboard that quickly, you can eat a lot of raw foods and still feel good, so find where you're comfortable at first and just work up how much you eat raw from there.

You can definitely gain muscle on a vegan diet. Lots of people on this forum have gained significant amounts...one forum member has even gained in the triple digits. As for raw you can gain on that too but just not as quickly since its a bit hard to take in massive amounts of calories compared to cooked foods unless you eat large amounts of oil.

You can definitely gain muscle on a vegan diet. Lots of people on this forum have gained significant amounts...one forum member has even gained in the triple digits. As for raw you can gain on that too but just not as quickly since its a bit hard to take in massive amounts of calories compared to cooked foods unless you eat large amounts of oil.

Yep, one can defintely gain muscle on a vegan diet. In fact, on a cooked vegan diet, I found it to be very simple.

I am gaining raw muscle. It is very very slow. But I am gaining.

Being able to get enough calories is the problem and its very expensive. But I feel pretty healthy after majorly detoxing. It comes down to a lot of bananas for me, nuts, seeds, and avocados aside from all the fresh fruits I consume.

Definitely go vegan first before going raw.. But you can definitely eat a high amount of raw produce while still being vegan!

I do believe having those nostalgic transitional meals (vegan versions of

old favorites) can really help.. so, I would say go vegan first, stick to

whole foods, minimally processed, and fresh juices if you

can get them.

And also, congradulations on taking these steps!

you mentioned wanting to not eat processed foods and so maybe you can do 50-50 cooked/raw and for the cooked part eat whole foods. Lots of beans and legumes out there and really good grains etc.

The main thing is doing what it takes to be sustainable with your diet. take you time, learn as you go and find folks to hang out with that you can learn from and get support from. Also it is really important to get family support. Have you expressed to them how important this is to you etc? I know a lot of families are not supportive and theat makes things really hard.

Good luck and cogratualtions on coming this far!