Protein shake...... best out there?

In my opinion, the best tasting vegan supplement/shake that is always really healthy is the Pure Trim Chocolate shake.

The next in line afterthe Pure Trim (which is the tastiest by far) is the Vega, berrie flavour.

Both of these shakes are packed with much nutritional and health benefits beyond just the protein.

The Pure Trim is totally delicious, the berrie vega is good. I purchased both of these today as a matter of fact!!!

viewtopic.php?t=347

you can get a free sample just read the thread, i hear its good stuff. Also if you want to spend some $$ try vega. Or maybe you can get a sample somehow. I am a big fan of natural flavored soy protein powder by genisoy. I had a Korean drink called new rice juice that was amazingly tasty and good for a protein shake. Try a serving of soy milk with powder and plenty of water in there. Also do you have one of those shaker cup things? Thats a great item to have. OJ plain soy milk water and protein powder is another combo i like. Good luck finding something you like though.

• 1 month later...

I think there is a Big difference between "favorite" and "BEST." Some are just vastly superior than others when it comes to what they contain nutritionally and the ethics behind the company and how the product was made.

If you are strictly thinking "nutritionally best" there are a few at the top. If you think of best tasting there are others, and if lucky they match up with best nutritionally. If you are going for best from an enviromental standpoint or ethical standpoint, there are others. In some cases you can get all three major aspects packed into one.

I'm sure these will be different for each person, we all have different things we're looking for.

For me it might look like this, and it could change as I try new things:

Best tasting: Some chocolate soy protein I got in England from Holland and Barrett. Genisoy chocolate is also one of my favorites.

Best Nutritionally: Vega

Best evironmentally: Vega

Pick what is important and go with it. Sometimes money or product availablity is an issue (like me really enjoying that stuff from the UK, I don't see it on shelves here so I don't get it...perhaps I could online but I haven't checked).

So just try new things and see what works.

-Robert

• 5 months later...
I think there is a Big difference between "favorite" and "BEST." Some are just vastly superior than others when it comes to what they contain nutritionally and the ethics behind the company and how the product was made.

If you are strictly thinking "nutritionally best" there are a few at the top. If you think of best tasting there are others, and if lucky they match up with best nutritionally. If you are going for best from an enviromental standpoint or ethical standpoint, there are others. In some cases you can get all three major aspects packed into one.

I'm sure these will be different for each person, we all have different things we're looking for.

For me it might look like this, and it could change as I try new things:

Best tasting: Some chocolate soy protein I got in England from Holland and Barrett. Genisoy chocolate is also one of my favorites.

Best Nutritionally: Vega

Best evironmentally: Vega

Pick what is important and go with it. Sometimes money or product availablity is an issue (like me really enjoying that stuff from the UK, I don't see it on shelves here so I don't get it...perhaps I could online but I haven't checked).

So just try new things and see what works.

-Robert

Rob, I know this is a vegan board but if someone like me who is a vegetarian wanted to find the best non-vegan but vegetarian proteion period in terms of nutrition then which ones would you point towards?

PS: My only experience was with Labrada Lean Body a couple of years back.

I am wondering why we dont have the HEMP proten stuff here?

Shouldnt we have a good organized thread on this ? Like an FAQ ?

Rob, I know this is a vegan board but if someone like me who is a vegetarian wanted to find the best non-vegan but vegetarian proteion period in terms of nutrition then which ones would you point towards?

PS: My only experience was with Labrada Lean Body a couple of years back.

I am wondering why we dont have the HEMP proten stuff here?

Shouldnt we have a good organized thread on this ? Like an FAQ ?

As we have discussed before crashnburn, this is a vegan board. I, nor anyone else is going to recommend any non-vegan product due to the inherant cruelty. If you want to talk about non-vegan products, go to a non-vegan board.

Jonathan