calories

Hero

If you can find raw nuts then eat them but most aren't...avocados surely have the most I would think...along with coconut(a nut) which isn't all that pricey at an asian market. Sprouted beans/grains are good too since they have just as many calories raw as they do cooked.

Chickpeas can be sprouted, as well as blackeyed peas...other than that I don't think I've tried anything else. As for beans being poisonous I don't think any you buy are. Kidneybeans are said to be but I've eaten way to much to be an exception to the rule. If it were even remotely poisonous I'd like to think I've eaten way too much to not suffer from them.

As for beans being poisonous I don't think any you buy are. Kidneybeans are said to be but I've eaten way to much to be an exception to the rule. If it were even remotely poisonous I'd like to think I've eaten way too much to not suffer from them.

Did you eat them out of a can? If you did then afcorse they have been heated so they are not poisonous anymore. Things out of cans aren't raw.

This is from wiki: (not sure how correct it is..)

Before they are eaten, the raw bean seeds should be boiled for at least ten minutes to degrade a toxic compound - the lectin phytohaemagglutinin - found in the bean which would otherwise cause severe gastric upset. This compound is present in many varieties (and in some other species of bean), but is especially concentrated in red kidney beans. Although in the case of dry beans the ten minutes required to degrade the toxin is much shorter than the hours required to fully cook the beans themselves, outbreaks of poisoning have been associated with the use of slow cookers whose low cooking temperatures may be unable to degrade the toxin. Sprouts of pulses high in haemaglutins should not be eaten. Red kidney beans, especially, should not be sprouted.

No I didn't eat them out of a can...things in cans are not raw to begin with. I sprouted them myself and I liked it and I will do it again in the future...I've eaten many many pounds of sprouted kidney beans....also if they were out of a can I couldn't sprout them.

No I didn't eat them out of a can...things in cans are not raw to begin with. I sprouted them myself and I liked it and I will do it again in the future...I've eaten many many pounds of sprouted kidney beans....also if they were out of a can I couldn't sprout them.