Favorite Brands Convenient Foods, Condiments, Etc

veggieprincess

I looked through a few pages here and couldn't find a thread on this, so if one exists, I apologize.

What are some of your favorite Vegan Brands and specific items?

My all-time favorite pre-packaged meat is Tofurkey Sweet Italian Sausage. You can make so many dishes, sandwiches or eat it plain and cold. There is no one I have given this stuff too that doesen't absolutely love it!!!!!

Name anything you love:

Frozen Dinners

Condiments

Vegan Dairy Substitutes (looking for a yummy Vegan cheese)

Bars

ANYTHING! Thanks!

Frozen Dinners

Amy's cheeseless pizza is wonderful

Condiments

Veganaise is incredible, and I love nutritional yeast as well(I know...not a

brand)

Follow Your Heart Cheese, TSoy Delicious Peanut Butter Zig Zag and Turtle Trail, Tofutti Cream Cheese, and Tofutti Sour Cream

Bars

VEGA for training by far...the best tasting is Raw Revolution

Frozen Dinners

Amy's cheeseless pizza is wonderful

Condiments

Veganaise is incredible, and I love nutritional yeast as well(I know...not a

brand)

Follow Your Heart Cheese, TSoy Delicious Peanut Butter Zig Zag and Turtle Trail, Tofutti Cream Cheese, and Tofutti Sour Cream

Bars

VEGA for training by far...the best tasting is Raw Revolution

veganpotter, thanks!!!! I'm definitely gonna check out those substitute dairies and maybe pop a couple of Amy's pizza's in my freezer for rewards when I"ve been a really good girl!!

I don't use Amy's Anymore. I'm the kind of Vegan that also reads the Factory labels. Processed on machinery that also handles Dairy. Pretty soon I won't eat anything processed from a factory( I'll only buy Store bought Pasta becouse makeing it is too much. But I'll wash it first.)

Follow Your Heart Melts well but sometimes its good(in the case of pizza) to put it in the oven and about 2/3 of the way through flatten the cheese with a spoon...its easy and very soft like sour cream but doesn't always want to lay flat. Tofutti makes a good cheese too but its probably one of the most unhealthy "vegan" specific products on the market.

Baked Tofu (any brand just watch out for honey on the ingredients)

Trader Joes 3 minute frozen brown rice

Siracha hot sauce

Braggs sauce (it's like soy sauce)

Tofutti better than cream cheese (on a toasted bagel with some picked-that-morning tomatoes mmmmmm)

And yeah that chocolate is tha bomb.

Edited by Aaron

I'm going to try that sausage!!!

The trick with FYH mozz is to broil it a little at the end of cooking. Watch it though, cause there is a fine line between melted & burnt!! The chedder one is also really good in a cassarole.

I agree with all of veganpotter's picks actually except I don't care for nut. yeast very much, and I've never had Raw Revolution, is that a vega bar?

Newmann's own organics makes a great dark chocolate bar, I like Clif Shots mango, apple pie, vanilla, and orange cream during long runs, and Amy's Maple BBQ is awesome, oh and Amy's green goddess dressing

You can always just melt some vegan buttery spread and put in in a spray bottle...you may need to thin it with some other kind of oil but I'm sure it would work fine.

• 1 month later...

I'm also a big fan of Green And Black chocolate bars. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. The mint is like a chocolate-mint induced mouth-orgasm. Fantastic.

I concur on the mouth-orgasm. Green & Black is the best! I keep a 70% dark bar in my nightstand at all times, in case of emergency.

Stonewall Jerquee - I got some of this when Ed and I stopped in Tennessee to visit Zack and did not purchase enough. We spent a lot of time on the drive discussing the fact that we should've gotten the 5lb bag. Suffice to say, I like it better than most of the other jerkys I've tried.

Tofurkey anything. I like most everything of theirs I've tried, thus far.

Brownies from http://www.simpletreats.com/ are the best ever. They are not currently accepting orders, but I did purchase a cookbook from them, so my own brownies will be the best ever until they start taking orders again. Oh how I wish they would.

Tofutti better than cream cheese. Mix it with nutritional yeast, onion powder, and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper = closest thing to cheddar spread I've tried.

Wild Oats brand Pineapple-Chipotle salsa. I ate the entire jar in one day, and it wasn't just because I was in a hotel with no fridge to store it in. (Although, that's the excuse I used.) When I got sick of the chips, I dipped fresh kale.

Enjoy Life Foods Snickerdoodle cookies. Price is a little high for a box of cookies that only last for eight minutes in my house (if we don't eat them all in the car on our way home) but worth it.

I'm also a big fan of Green And Black chocolate bars. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. The mint is like a chocolate-mint induced mouth-orgasm. Fantastic.

I concur on the mouth-orgasm. Green & Black is the best! I keep a 70% dark bar in my nightstand at all times, in case of emergency.

Stonewall Jerquee - I got some of this when Ed and I stopped in Tennessee to visit Zack and did not purchase enough. We spent a lot of time on the drive discussing the fact that we should've gotten the 5lb bag. Suffice to say, I like it better than most of the other jerkys I've tried.

Tofurkey anything. I like most everything of theirs I've tried, thus far.

Brownies from http://www.simpletreats.com/ are the best ever. They are not currently accepting orders, but I did purchase a cookbook from them, so my own brownies will be the best ever until they start taking orders again. Oh how I wish they would.

Tofutti better than cream cheese. Mix it with nutritional yeast, onion powder, and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper = closest thing to cheddar spread I've tried.

Wild Oats brand Pineapple-Chipotle salsa. I ate the entire jar in one day, and it wasn't just because I was in a hotel with no fridge to store it in. (Although, that's the excuse I used.) When I got sick of the chips, I dipped fresh kale.

Enjoy Life Foods Snickerdoodle cookies. Price is a little high for a box of cookies that only last for eight minutes in my house (if we don't eat them all in the car on our way home) but worth it.

Not a good thread to read when I'm trying to stay on track! I want all of this!!!!

Yah I love the tofutti better than cream cheese, just bought some today...

I recently discovered Organic Food Bar's Vegan Food Bar. Creative name, right? It is actually very tasty, and nearly all whole food ingredients:

http://www.organicfoodbar.com/products/Vegan

Organic Almond Butter, Organic Date Paste, Organic Premium Agave Nectar, Organic Brown Rice Protein, Organic BioSprouts-Flax, Organic Biodynamic (Demeter) Raisins, Organic BioSprouts-Quinoa, Organic Sesame Seeds

BTW they are ~$25 for a box of 12 at whole foods, which is less than the price at the above website

• 2 weeks later...

Toby's tofu spread and dip... Classic Lemon Dill or Jalepeno...

Eat it with corn chips or pita bread. Mmmmmmmmm

If the grocery store was still open I'd go get some right now. I usually eat the whole container within 24 hours of buying it, so I'm always out.

-Chris

ps. I think at least one flavor of this spread isn't vegan, but the Lemon Dill and Jalepeno are good to go.