Getting defined abs

aab1

My body fat is around 10% (I have a digital body fat measuring scale, it's great and was just $16 on ebay!) and I'm quite cut/defined everywhere except my abs and I'd like to know what I need to do to get cut abs? Do I need to go below 10% BF and/or workout my abs more?

Thanks

Don't go by that scale...its probably way off and if you are lean everywhere else I doubt your 10%...probably more like 7-8%. I've seen those things give me reading of 15% differences in the same day and those were the expensive ones. Anyway most people have decent abs at 5-8%...there are exceptions though and you may be one of them. Roberts a perfect example...he got down to 3% without good abs. I suggest you just be happy with dropping down to 6% if you don't see them. Its fine for a contest but to stay below 5-6% for extended periods of time just isn't good for you.

I have a scale at home that says Im 24% bf. I take my bf using the jackson-pollock 3-pinch site method and it says im around 5.7. Those scales are way wrong and usually the handhelds are off too.

Whoa....

I wish I had abs like yours with 24% bodyfat

I've been trusting a set of those scales at my gym, not anymore...

Thanks, but most replies are about my scale, the main question was what am I doing wrong to not have defined abs?

Also, one said it's unhealthy to keep a low BF, does this mean it's unhealthy to have defined abs for more than a few weeks at a time? That doesn't seem to make much sense.

No its not unhealthy to have defined abs if that means you don't need to lower your body fat to an extreme percentage. Everyone has really well defined abs at 1% bodyfat but you'll have defined abs for a very short time because you'll kill yourself. Anyway just keep working them and dieting if you want defined abs...thats all you can do unless you pay for silicon inserts.