lentils?

ricardito

1/2 tsp dried rosemary

1/2 tsp dried basil

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1 tsp cumin powder

however much garlic you want

1c lentils rinsed well with boiling water(removes some of the gas causing starches?) (red cook fastest, green and yellow take a while)

dulse or salt and pepper to taste

put it all in a pot with 2-3 cups of water or veggie broth and bring to a boil, then simmer until they are soft, about 15-20 minutes for red, up to an hour for green and yellow.

also, you can soak them over night, then season with lemon juice/ salad dressing for a decent raw lentil salad

i like this recipe a lot too: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/03/post_26.php

boil some red lentils for about 5 minutes

prepare haricote verts

chop some onion and fry it with some red bell peppers

make a garlic vinegrette (oil, vineager, garlic, salt and black pepper)

mix all in a bowl

you can add whatever spices you like and mushrooms or some more veggies.

For lentils, sometimes I sprout them or cook them, then add herbs, salt and spices, mustard, maybe some greens, blend and use this pâté in sandwiches. Like hummus but with lentils, no vinegar, lemon juice, oil, etc... You could do the same with tofu or sunflower seeds...

prepare haricote verts

that's funny, you say "haricots verts" in French in Sweden ? instead of green... I dont know.

real basic recipe my girl makes on the regular:

1. Use canned lentils they usually come out better. I like Goya.

2. Simmer onion and garlic in olive oil in a pot.

3. Chop celery.

4. Put celery in pot along with cans of lentils.

5. Let cook for awhile. Be sure to stir so they don't burn to the bottom, but a little burnt stuff on the bottom tastes awesome. When the lentils split they are done, but if you cook it longer the soup gets thicker. Tastes best the next day.

Enjoy!

prepare haricote verts

that's funny, you say "haricots verts" in French in Sweden ? instead of green... I dont know.

haha yeah. we call them that here, i think they're called like green beans, but i didn't wanna confuse anyone.