Is there a vegan slow release protein for night time?

I hear a bunch of talk about slow release protein for night time. Most people talk about Casein protein powder or whey protein powder with milk or cottage cheese. Do you guys use a slow release protein at bedtime and if so, what are the vegan alternatives?

Hi,

First post here.

Cottage Cheese is a excellent source for slow absorbing casien protein.

Just take a few spoonfuls before bed.

cottage cheese is amazing but you are right, it is not vegan. I have not had it in such a long time. I loved eating it before "the change"

I would think something like Peanut butter but I'll have to look into it. I haven't really thought about it, I just eat "some" sort of protein before bed. Sometimes peanut butter, other times tofu, other times beans, a protein shake, or just a meal with broccoli, potatoes, etc.

Drinking water with the protein source would make it digest a little slower, so that might help too.

I would think something like Peanut butter but I'll have to look into it. I haven't really thought about it, I just eat "some" sort of protein before bed. Sometimes peanut butter, other times tofu, other times beans, a protein shake, or just a meal with broccoli, potatoes, etc.

Drinking water with the protein source would make it digest a little slower, so that might help too.

I thought water made things digest at a quicker rate, was I wrong?

• 5 months later...
Peanut butter is more of a fat than a protein though...you could eat it with a fast-digesting protein to slow digestion, I guess, though?

Yeah peanut butter is more of a fat, however, you'll be hard-pushed to find a food which is mostly protein. Foods are generally high carbohydrate, or high fat. Other than protein drinks, I don't even know of something which is higher in protein than it is in carbs or fat.

• 10 years later...