What Supplements do you use?

Hey Will, thanks for the heads up.

I know there is a lot on the front page and that could cause it to freeze. I don't know much about websites, my friend Khan does the technical work, but I'll look into it.

The layout is much better on Internet Explorer, and looks quite funny on FireFox but I don't know how to change it.

I will look into some of those things.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

L-Glutamine - Apparently if you are going to use only one supplement, this is THE supplement to use. It's relatively cheap as well.

Soy Protein Isolate Powder - sometimes use this, causes bloating though

Creatine - Have tried a few brands over the last few years, but it always cramps me legs and hurts my lower back when running, so I don't use at all now.

Vitamins and minerals - Multi-Vit, Multi-B, B12, Iron, Magensium, Zinc, Selenium, Garlic, Ginseng, Chromium, co Q12 - I don't always take all these, I usually purchase them when they are on special offer.

Flaxseed/Linseed Oil

I don't neccessarily think that you have to supplement as a vegan or vegan athlete. Sometimes I do not supplement at all and my physique or fitness doesn't suffer at all. I just take supplements as an insurance policy. Apparently vitamins and minerals can be a waste of money as some brands just pass straight through you without actually being absorbed - they're just full of chalk and binders etc. Obviously I prefer to get my needs from my diet, and that is why I eat a lot of wholefoods, fruit, dried fruit, vegetables and seeds.

Once you get into the habit of visiting health food stores and buying a few supplements, you get exposed to different products you previously weren't aware of, and you tend to buy more.

Well here goes....

I take EPO, Pure Golden organic flaxseed oils, Vit c, Zinc, Chlorella, Chronium plus biotin, Selenium powder, ACE supplements, obviously soy protein powder (vegan protein powder over here is as rare as hens teeth, they keep trying to sell me the powder with added whey), there was a lot more supps I was taking but I'm slowly cutting back, I've finally stopped taking an organic iron supp. Once there were sooo many supps laying around it used to cost me $500 a week on groceries (thats AUD), and that was just for me alone. I also drink ESSIAC tea x 2 a day

I just started taking isolated soyprotein powder cause it was 50% off. gotta cut costs when ya can.

the smartdogs I was eating were soyisolate, so its basically the same thing. but now I can blend in bananas with it too.

I'm still staying natural.

• 1 month later...

Im not a bodybuilder or anything, but i take a multi each day to make sure i get what i need. just got a multi-vitamin from ellwood thompsons in richmond. that and I just started eating ground up flax seed in my oatmeal in the morning. willpeavy, i almost bought that omega-zen stuff offline, is it good?

Im not a bodybuilder or anything, but i take a multi each day to make sure i get what i need. just got a multi-vitamin from ellwood thompsons in richmond. that and I just started eating ground up flax seed in my oatmeal in the morning. willpeavy, i almost bought that omega-zen stuff offline, is it good?

Yeah I definitely recommend the Omega-Zen. Your body can synthesize the DHA derived from microalgae much more efficiently than it can from flax oil. I still eat some flax too, but Omega-3 DHA is so important for brain and heart health, that I definitely recommend this stuff

At the moment, i take a good multi each day, yeast tabs, Vit C and creatine caps. My soy protein powder is out

The creatine i only take now and then, and when i do, i do 4-6 week cycles.

I think it's not necessary to take many supps if you stick to high quality foods in your diet. All the hype about supps is only helping the supplement industry. On the other hand, i also believe that our modern food is quite low on nutritients and a bodybuilder has higher needs than the average person.

The best supp for naturals in my opinion is yeast. It's the only supp i really feel the effect. I recommend it strongly for every hard training person who wants to bulk up.