Vegan Chocolate Mousse

VeganGirl2006

This stuff is so good you'll have to force yourself to stop eating!

Ingredients:

-one block of silken tofu

-one cup of unsweetened carob chips

-1/4 cup of plain soy milk

-one tablespoon Earth Balance buttery spread

-three tablespoons light agave syrup

Dice the tofu and put it and the soy milk in the blender. Blend until creamy. Melt the Earth Balance spread in a saucepan. Add the carob chips and stir over medium heat until melted. Add the carob chips and light agave syrup to the blender and blend until well mixed. Chill for 10 minutes in the refrigerator. To be all fancy, serve with a sprig of fresh mint. Or if you're like me, grab a spoon and dig right in!

Since I am allergic to chocolate I have to use the carob. So I add the light agave syrup to sweeten it up. I tell you, having a chocolate allergy really blows but I guess it's part of the weirdness that is me.

Dolt, that is sad.

My favorite brownie recipe from The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook, works equally well with carob as it does with cocoa.

Mix 1/3 cup flour with 1 cup water. Cook until thick and cool completely.

Melt 1/2 cup margarine. Add 2/3 cup cocoa (or carob powder) and stir until smoothe. Cool.

Beat 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. vanilla in to the cooled flour mixture, then add cocoa mixture.

Mix together 2 cups flour (I use unbleached white) and 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder and add to above ingredients.

You can add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.(I never have)

Bake in an oiled 9"x13" pan at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.(Not sure why, but sometimes I end up cooking these up to 40 minutes, just watch them closely and extend if needed.)

This recipe makes a somewhat light cakelike brownie. I prefer the alternate fudge brownie option.

Fudge Brownies: Decrease the flour to 1-1/2 cups and the baking powder to 1-1/2 tsp.