Recipe calls for butter buds for the soup, substitution?

pazios2002

because I hate to type cause Im a man.

2 cups soy milk

1 tbs wheat flour.

large carrot

large onion

large potato

2 tbsp dried veggie flakes.

1/4 tsp Mrs Dash

black pepper

1/2 tsp dulse

10 oz frozen corn

1 tsp butter buds

5 minutes wheat , soy milk (i use rice milk) pepper, dulse, mrs dash , butter buds to boil

add vegetables to boil

add frozen corn to boil

I'm not sure what butter buds are but if it's butter can't you just use vegan margarine?

they are flakes that are supposed to mimic the taste of butter, and I believe actually have buttermilk components in them, but they have less if not any fat in them.

margerine? No that would be too much fat for purpose of the recipe. I forgot that some of our products are not available everywhere. So your suggestiion made sense based on the info you had. However it does not meet my needs.

Thankyou anyways Johan

I would do a pinch of nutritional yeast. It would give the soup some flavor (it is in mock chicken broth and for no-cheese sauce). And maybe just for the veggie flakes (more intense vegetable flavor perhaps?) I would add some garlic.

Personally, I would put some olive oil in the bottom of the pot. Sautee the onions and then the garlic. Put in the wheat flour to make a rue. Then add all the liquids and frozen vegetables till it boiled, then simmer till the veggies are tender. Then add in all the spices for a few more minutes of cooking (that way the spices are not cooked till they have no taste). And of course I would put something green (baby spinach or shredded kale) at the end and let it wilt.

I used cashews but wasnt real crazy about it. Any ideas?

Nucoa is a Vegan Margarine, or if you need something dry, brewers yeast is dry but provides a creamy texture. Better yet, mix in both!

While I am at it, the recipe also calls for dried vegetable flakes, and neither I or the health food store know what they are. Do you? Brand?

I believe that means TVP

I used cashews but wasnt real crazy about it. Any ideas?

Nucoa is a Vegan Margarine, or if you need something dry, brewers yeast is dry but provides a creamy texture. Better yet, mix in both!

While I am at it, the recipe also calls for dried vegetable flakes, and neither I or the health food store know what they are. Do you? Brand?

I believe that means TVP

It may but I asked at the health food store and they said that they didnt know. Now their TVP is actually soy based, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get actually Text Vegetable Protien. Besides the stuff they have tastes like crap.

Thanks VP