Question about baking?

Fallen_Horse

I've seen many recipes with soy protein isolate instead of some of the flour. It's the samething then when you want to had fibres, with some flax or hemp seeds or oat bran.

Here's some dessert recipes with extra proteins that I found mostly on this forum:

High Protein Pudding

1-2 scoops Soy isolate protein powder, plain or chocolate flavoured

1 heaping teaspoon carob powder

Splash vanilla or cocoa extract

Pinch of salt

few tbsps of Chocolate Silk soy beverage

Put all dry ingredients in a bowl. Start with just a small amount of the chocolate silk soymilk, mix together. then add some of the plain soymilk. mix all together. if its too thick, keep adding tiny amounts of the soymilk or water until thick pudding consistency is acheived.

Variant

1 scoop Procore (or other protein powder)

2 Tablespoons Almond butter or peanut butter

1 Tablespoon Cocoa or carob powder

Water to desired consistency or soy chocolate beverage

Low-carb, Hi-Protein muffins

50 g almond

100 g soymeal

50 g soy granulate

150 g isolated soy protein

50 g coco rasps

30 g flax seed

30 g cocoa powder

1/2 pack baking powder

Mix all ingredients.

Then add 230 ml thistle oil and some water, until it has a cake mixture like consistency.

Finally add sweetener, until it's sweet enough for you.

Put the whole pastry into a muffin form and bake it like regular muffins.

Hi Protein Hi Energy Scones

Kids love this for some reason, even though it is super healthy. It is full of essential fatty acids, complex carbohydrates, calcium, zinc vitamin c and iron. You can dehydrate it if you have a dehydrator, which will retain even more of the fatty acids. If you have a fan assisted electric oven you can bake it at a very low temperature with the door open to dehydrate it. If you have a normal oven it will still be really good and healthy, as it is so full of good stuff. And last time I made this in a school half the class ate it raw.

One quarter cup of seed mix. Seed mix is half pumpkins, followed by another half of following seeds in equal proportion: sesame, linseed, flax. Shake these up together.

One cup almonds.

One cup figs

Two cups porrige oats

Tablespoon almond butter

Tablespoon other nut butter (I happened to have three nut butter, but I imagine hazlenut, peanut, etc will work just as well.)

Tablespoon molasses

First whizz up the seeds. Then woosh up the almonds. Put them in a bowl. Now whizz up the figs (or dates, or apricot - experiment with dried fruit). Add them to the bowl of seeds, then add the molasses (heat the spoon in hot water first to make the stuff run off.) Now add the different butters and stir in the ground nuts and oats, adding hot water to make a stiff but sticky batter.

Roll it out nice and flat, cut it into cooky shapes, and bake at a lowish temperature for about twenty minutes.

Lovely for warm for breakfast on chilly mornings, or as a filling pudding in a lunch box.

I just found this wonderful recipe online, and thought it needs to be shared! It's gorgeous, and would make a wonderful Christmas pudding, served with vegan icecream and/or custard. All the comments are the original authors, but I can vouch for how beautiful this is from happy experience.

Eat and enjoy!

It will work, but keep it at about 5% if you want anything resembling a baked good. I personally could care less about texture or appearance or even taste. Gimme protein! I've been baking bread though and have used half of the flour as soy flour, things did not turn out well at all, birds wouldn't even eat that "bread".

Wheat Gluten is about 80% protein, and is made into things like Seitan. It is nothing more than washed wheat flour, leaving the gluten. The gluten in wheat is what is responsible for the air pocket in bread, etc., 1/4 cup will give you 23 grams of protein. I use it alot when I make pancake and such as I use flours, i.e. teff, buckwheat, amaranth, etc., that will not rise (trap gas bubbles making the air pockets in the bread) on their own.