My World Famous Mashed Potatoes

veggieprincess

Okay, so maybe not world famous... but I have yet to have one person try them that didn't absolutely luuuuuuv them.

Serves about 10

8 medium Idaho potatoes WITH SKINS

3/4 to 1 container Trader Joes Soy Creamer

Lots of Garlic Salt

Small amount of coarse pepper

1 to 1 1/2 stick Nucoa margarine

Hot Water for desired consistency

Microwave the potatoes 2 at a time on high setting. 2 potatoes in my microwave takes about 8 to 9 minutes each, but just microwave them until they are mashable.

Start mashing them 2 at a time while they are still hot. If you want to wait and mash them all at the end, keep them warm until all are complete (an oven on 200 degrees works if you're waiting until all the potatoes are finished.

Mash 2 at a time with a few tbsp nucoa. start layering in salt and keep slowly adding the nucoa. when all potatoes are complete and mashed with all the nucoa, add some more garlic salt and half of the creamer amount. mash. then add the rest of the creamer. mash, then add the pepper. add the pepper. YOU ARE LEAVING THE SKINS ON. This is very important for the taste. If you peel them, I can't guarantee them being my World Famous Mashed Potatoes

Now add more creamer and/or hot water for your desired consistency and whip them with a fork or sturdy whip. I like mine very lumpy but creamy.

Great for holidays!!!! You're omni family members will NOT believe these are Vegan. Made them at an Omni event and everyone said they were their favorite menu item.

After

Edited by veggieprincess

Interesting ... What's the nutrition like on the soy creamer and the margarine? (I have limited web access at work, or I'd check myself.)

very bad and very fattening

that is what the nutrition is like. I didn't say I actually EAT the mashed potatoes, but I make them for others (allright fine... I lick the bowl, ok? happy? LOL)

You must be one hot date when you invite someone over for dinner.

Such a lucky guy would not only get the pleasure of your company, your mashed potatoes, but you could hand him a fact sheet after dinner so he wouldn't have to calculate his calories, carbs, protein for his food diary himself

thanks beforewisdom... but please don't misunderstand... these are in no way, shape or form HEALTHY mashed potatoes. They are very very sinful and naughty

You must be one hot date when you invite someone over for dinner.

Such a lucky guy would not only get the pleasure of your company, your mashed potatoes, but you could hand him a fact sheet after dinner so he wouldn't have to calculate his calories, carbs, protein for his food diary himself

thanks beforewisdom... but please don't misunderstand... these are in no way, shape or form HEALTHY mashed potatoes. They are very very sinful and naughty

But you would be able to explain all of that to you dinner date, in detail, up front....so it would be consensual

We have a few deadly mashed (or smashed) potato recipes here as well.

Truffled potatoes - same as VP's recipe but use Earth Balance, cashew cream, grated black truffles, unflavored salt and truffle oil (I think Oregon black truffles are even better than Italian - they have an aged parmesan flavor when ripe)

Horseradish and Chive potatoes - above recipe without the truffles, truffle oil and add horseradish and chives

I used to have a friend who always suggested that "Buddha provides."

I was just wondering what to do with the potatoes next to my microwave.

Your recipe was perfectly timed. And I may have enough to try DV's too.

Thanks to both of you for sharing,

-A