My Favorite Tofu Scramble

dropSoul

This is my own recipe that I concocted after trying many others. My family (my daughter, mother, and I) enjoys it the most.

Ingredients:

* 1 - 16 oz package of Tree of Life Brand Extra Firm Tofu (see instructions for more info)

* 2 1/2 Tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos

* 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder

* 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder

* 3 Tablespoons Nutritional (not Brewer's) Yeast Flakes

* 2 Teaspoons Veganaise

* 1 Teaspoon Earth Balance (healthy, vegan margarine) - not pictured.

Instructions:

Drain, but don't squeeze the tofu (if you use the Tree of Life). Using the Tree of Life brand Extra Firm Tofu, is much better for scrambles because it's not so wet. If you use another brand, drain it by pressing it between two plates -- you'll get about 1/2 cup of water out of it. Really squeeze and use your muscles. Otherwise use the Tree of Life brand for scrambles (but not dessert dishes like pies, that's a different kind of tofu). You'll notice that I don't use the organic tofu, usually it's best to use organic because it's non GMO, but Tree of Life is all non GMO.

Slice up the tofu and place it in a medium heated pan with the Earth Balance (or use veggie broth - 1/8 cup to reduce the fat). Break it up with your spatula to make it all scrambled looking and dump all the other ingredients on it. Mix it up. If it's too dry, add one tablespoon of water. Do not add salt. If you want more, add it per bite, not in the cooked mix. Cook the scramble until heated through or until a golden color appears on the tofu. Basically about 10 min or less on medium heat.