Simple baked tofu recipe

duriandork

I make this baked tofu recipe for my girlfriend all of the time because she is vegan too but is allergic to garlic and onions. Before we met, I put garlic and onions in just about all of my dishes.

Ingredients:

1 package of extra firm tofu

2 teaspoons of powdered ginger

1 teaspoon of black pepper

1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce

1 teaspoon of olive oil

Set your oven to 400 F. Slice the tofu into about 12 quarter-inch think rectangular slices. Make the marinade of all of the rest of the ingredients and pour over tofu in a bowl. Let this sit for at least 15 minutes. I usually always have this marinading overnight in the refrigerator almost every day though. Next step take, an oiled pan and lay the tofu on there and place in the oven. Allow it to bake for about 10 minutes and then flip all of the tofu over and brush some of the marinade on there. Let this bake for about 10 more minutes or until it is a light golden color.

This recipe is good for many things. You can eat it straight out of the oven with mash potatoes and steamed greens or you can use it in a sandwich "hot or cold," or easily pack it for the road and eat it throughout the day. I work out and play the drums most days, so I eat this all of the time to help restore my energy.

I haven't worked with nutritional yeast in years. I am considering using it again. I used to make vegan mac and cheese with it. It was a recipe that I had from the Soul Vegetarian Cookbook. I bet it would taste good with this or on a tofu sloppy joe sandwich. Thanks for the advice!