RAW veganism ??

I am interested in learning about raw veganism.

any websites?

anyone know the do's and dont's?

anyway here eat raw?

can I still buy protein powders and make shakes?

can I buy soy products and eat them cold? (ex: soy hotdogs)

where can I get 200-300g protein daily?

wouldnt one consume an excessive amount of sugar by eat lots of fruits?

what about wholegrains, and things like that? how do I do that? can I eat breads, bagels, pastas? etc.

someone please inform me and help me out. thanks

Hey Topher,

Some of my friends are Raw Vegans and they both happen to be professional athletes as well.

Check out www.brendanbrazier.com and www.tonyakay.com to read a little more about Brendan and Tonya.

I just hung out with them recently and had a great time.

Last night (because of my schedule) I only slept 2 1/2 hours so I gotta get going, but I can give you more info on Raw Veganism soon.

Take care buddy,

Robert

http://www.rawfoods.com/

Hey Topher, I did raw foods for about 3 months a few years ago. It was pretty hard. Soy is pretty much out, unless you want to sprout raw soybeans and eat those. There is Raw hemp protein that you can use, I got some online. It can definately be bad if you eat too much fruit. Focus on greens. You can still get alot of calories from Avocadoes and nuts. If you get into making recipes anfd stuff it can get really complicated. Are you looking to go 100% raw? It's pretty hardcore. Doing it did give me an awareness of things about my body, how certain foods affect me and stuff but it was really hard to keep up, and keep a balance, and eventually i got kinda sick, I had huge sores in my mouth and stuff, I lost weight, but because I wasnt taking in many calories, and I sorta messed up my metabolism, gained it all back and more, really quickly and I'm still battling to lose it. But thats just me. I met some people that are thriving. I went to a raw foods seminar and met Paul Nisson, he's a big raw foods pioneer. Great speaker, intelligent, funny...but not so friendly one on one. His girlfriend was a sweetheart tho.

Right now I am following Joel Fuhrmans Eat to Live plan, it's a vegan diet with and emphasis on raw fruits and veggies especially leafy greens, but you still get to eat cooked ones too. And beans. The magical fruit. I feel great when I stick to it. (A little gassy but what vegan isnt?)

If you want I can dig out some of my raw foods book and send them to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to create some Raw Nutrition Programs for bodybuilding and put them on the main site under the Nutrition Help section.

Of course they are just recomendations, just like everything else that I write. I'm not licensed or certified to prescribe any type of diet or nutrition program; I just share what has worked for me over the years. That is also how I get a lot of information. I always try to learn from those who have already accomplished the things that I hope to achieve some day.

Raw food programs coming soon. I have some great Raw Vegan friends who have influenced the way I eat quite a bit. A couple of them are Tonya Kay and Brendan Brazier www.tonyakay.com www.brendanbrazier.com and a few others I've been in e-mail contact with for a long time.

There is a diet plan called the neolithic diet. They focus on whole foods like nuts, fruits, veggies, fish etc. So it's not vegan. But it does emphasize eating only foods which are not processed. They actually did have some vegan recepies, a few other recepies called for eggs but those can be substituted. One was a cobbler I think. I wish I could find the link for that stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I found what I was looking for. Regretfully I only saved the really good recepies...for dessert... but I bet you can follow the links around and find what you are looking for. I also had the name of the diet wrong...It was paleolithic. http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/paleo/paleo47.html and for cobbler, ooops my mistake it's a cake...http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/paleo/paleo47.html it does involve a pie crust and the paleolithic diet does not use breads or cereals since those are man made, I dont know how they justify a pie crust,be as raw as you want i guess.

the best thing to do is send oak a message. he will be more than happy to advise you should you wish to go raw food/partially raw food.

fruitbat is also 60% raw food, and she will be more than happy to help you

be warned though. you will not be able to get 300g protein a day on raw food (the highest protein raw food is cashews at 24g/100g but they are also very high in fat).

good raw protein sources include nuts, soaked and sprouted beans, peas and seeds.

jonathan