Denise Nicole's Journey to Oz (SeaSiren)

Glad you have shoots coming up and more and more of them...I'm doing some too

One of these days we'll have to do a shoot together.

All the best!

Yeah! I'm so proud of ya Babe! Most definitely, we should shoot together!

Beautiful avatar pic, SeaSiren.

Thank you

Been away most days shooting, then the rehearsal and fashion show in Detroit, and then my daughters Birthday Slumber party this weekend. 15 girls for over 24 hours! lol... but we had a fabulous time, although I was completely exhausted after no sleep.

The fashion show was so much fun, and my designer and his team where a joy to work with. Vid and tons of photos are available, I'll get a few up as soon as they forward them to me. We lost some of our models due to extreme stage fright ... but thanks to competing for so long I love a big crowd. And some of the gals were very "stick to the routine" even though we had a ton of screaming people at the end of the runway holding their hands out to be touched. I love impromptu moments, so I was right in there, lol Good thing the designer loved it huh! Like her mommy, my daughter did the same... tore the runway up and played to the crowd. Afterwards VIP section for some partying with some kick butt bands on stage!

Rested and on track

Today:

Incline Hammer Press 3x8

Dumbbell Flyes 3x10

Rack Pulls 4x6

Hammer Rows 3x12

Standing Calf Raises 3x8

Seated Calf Raises 2x15

Weighted Decline Crunch 3x25

stretching

20 min cardio

stretching

I will be doing some change ups (as per needed). I have had to maintain quite a lower BF % to do the type of modeling I do which is not conducive to continuing to build to compete in my given classes. I can either, stop modeling in this area or give up the class. Since I was competing to gain work, the answer is obvious. The classes I will be aiming for this year will have to follow my body type (which makes sense). So I will be entering the bikini competitions (non-bbing), bikini classes at the BBing shows and the fitness model classes at the BBing shows. Still have my eye on the pole comps as my build is irrelevant, it's based on what I can do.

That being said intake today:

water, vitamins

1 -tofu scramble (just tofu w/sea salt & ground pepper heated w/no oil), oats, 1/2 orange, coffee

water

2 -protein shake

water

3 -huge salad (baby spinach, cucumbers, onions, green pepper) with tahini dressing (my recipe), tofu scramble (in a tofu mode today I guess! lol), water

Today:

Cleans 5x5

Rom Dead Lift 3x8

Lying Leg Curl 2x12

Weighted Bench Dips 2x8

Tricep Pushdown 2x10

DB Curls 2x8

Hammer Curls 2x10

Weighted Rope Crunch 3x25

stretching

20 min cardio

stretching

Intake:

water, multi

1 -tofu scramble, oats, 1/2 orange, water, coffee

water

2 -protein shake

water

3 -Spinach, cucumbers, green pepper, mung sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, onions, on sprouted wg toast, 1/4c Northern Beans, water

Planned:

water

4 -banana & tofu pudding, water

5 -tempeh w/califlower & broccoli in sauce (my recipe), water

water

6 -(if I do 6)celery, water

Tomorrow is 30-40 cardio , no weights

morning:

Abs: 3 sets upper and lower

Cardio: 20 min

afternoon:

Squats - 3x6

Leg Press - 3x8

Rear delts 3x10 (shoulder warm-up)

Shoulder Press - 3x8

Side Lateral Raises - 3x12-15

Chins - 3x8 -much easier today!

Pullovers - 3x8

Hammer Strength High Rows - 2x12

late afternoon:

Abs: 3 sets upper and lower

Cardio: 20 min

Extra cardio due to stagnant weight loss even after re-feed. Hoping kicking it up a notch will bring me in better. My body loves 119! It is so comfortable there, so I have to work to get it below for the shoots coming up.

Meals:

1 -OJ, coffee, grapes

2 -Huge salad w/spinach, green pepper, onions, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, walnuts, olive oil, tiny bit of sea salt

3 -PP Shake

4 -bean chili, wg toast

Planned

5 -PP Shake

I have a shoot on Friday as Alice from Alice & Wonderland (another on Sat ... diff photographer, but just an outdoor theme). I am kinda excited as it's something diff for me My daughter's bunny Smores will be making his debut as well. Smores was saved from a fair, where apparently show bunnies are "bopped" after their usefulness is over. The area was packing up and there was this poor little thing all scared and breathing hard (hot day). He is so wonderful, loves people and plays... who would have thought?

Smores with my daughter:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/smorese.jpg

Since I am on set for the day, they are doing an Easter theme promo and Bunny Hugger shoot (that one is mine). Now if I can just come in weight wise!

Thank you Robert

I am enjoying your journal. You are very interesting and motivating. Can I have your recipe for tahini dressing. I tried goddess dressing but didn't like it. But I do like tahini. Thanks.

Thanks

Tahini Dressing:

2/3c Tahini

1c water

1/4 cup of lemon or orange juice (I like orange for a sweeter taste)

1/4tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced

1 tsp sea salt (also a pinch of cayenne for a kick if you like)

optional - 1 pitted date chopped or 1tsp agave

mix well, or for me I put it in a salad dressing container and shake well.

refrigerate remaining.

AM:

cardio 20 min

Sissy Squats: 2x10

Rear Delts 3x10 (shoulder warm-up)

Shoulder Press 3x8 (lighter than last session)

Side Lats 3x12

Chins 3x8 - these are coming easier and easier!!!! yay me! - I honestly thought I would never see the day.

Neg Shrugs 3x10

T Rows 2x12

Above training should have been Tues, which became a wash, then yesterday but was tied up in meeting til mid! But did get cardio in. Ideally it should have followed Monday, but I decided to a least get it in.

Need to get my normal session in tonight.

Meals:

Trying to come in for Fri. Liquid fast today. So aside from my coffee, OJ so far.

All I can say is WOW! Can I be like you when I grow up?
cute!

Thurs eve:

Incline Hammer Press 3x8

Dumbbell Flyes 3x10

Rack Pulls 4x5

Hammer Rows 3x12

Standing Calf Raises 3x12

Seated Calf Raises 3x12

Weighted Crunch 3x25

20 min cardio

Fri:

20 min cardio

Cleans 3x3

Romanian Dead Lift 3x8

Standing Leg Curl 2x12

Bench Dips 2x8

Tricep Pushdown 2x10

Seated Alternating Dumbbell Curls 2x8

Hammer Curls 2x10

Weighted Crunches 3x25

Shoot went well bunny was sooooo good! He loves the camera Will post some of the photos as I get them back.

Rest Day today!

Tahini Dressing:

2/3c Tahini

1c water

1/4 cup of lemon or orange juice (I like orange for a sweeter taste)

1/4tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced

1 tsp sea salt (also a pinch of cayenne for a kick if you like)

optional - 1 pitted date chopped or 1tsp agave

mix well, or for me I put it in a salad dressing container and shake well.

refrigerate remaining.

Wow! Really just checking in to see the story behind the new avatar (really cool pic - is it from the shoot with the bunny?), and then I found this. Sounds awesome, I just rediscovered tahini recently.

Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, part of the shoot with the bunny .... still waiting on the Alice pics

The dressing is one of my all time favs

Today:

20 min cardio

Squats: wu 40, 6@90x3

Leg Extensions (at home do no leg press... LE w/plates): 8@85x1, 8@95x1, 8@100x1

RD: 3x10 w/db for shoulder wu

DB Seated Shoulder Press: 6@20x3

Side Lats w/DB: 3x8

Chins: 6@BWx3

DB Pullovers: 12@20x2

DB Rows: 12@20x2

Weighted Crunches w/25lb plate 3x50

stretching

Still on a weight drop. My last shoot was at 114 and I still feel I am coming in to heavy. That being said:

Meals:

water throughout the day.

1- coffee, oj, 1/2 banana (wasn't hungry really)

2- PP shake mixed w/water

Planned:

cardio 20 min

meals:

3- large salad: baby spinach, alfalfa sprouts, celery, green peppers, onions, tahini dressing (my recipe), green tea

4- PP shake mixed w/water

5- mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower in seasoning) topped with baked tofu, wg sprouted toast on the side, green tea

• 3 weeks later...

I have been very blessed after beginning competitions and have quite a full schedule of modeling, competing and my new online personal training site for women (live in one month). I have had three shoots for me and one for my daughter just this week. I need to ride the modeling avenue out to where ever it takes me for however long they let me stay on this train.

I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I will no longer be able to update my training journal in a timely matter and am closing it for now.

Don't worry! I will still be around here and am very much training!

Thanks so much to those who have contributed to my journal and supported me these many years.

Denise Nicole xx

"When we wake up in the morning we have two simple choices,

Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams..Choice is yours"

• 2 years later...