Do you donate? Let us know how you contribute!

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread so we could all recognize and feed off each other’s ambitions to help. At some point or another, we all feel compelled to give. Some do so in the form of monetary contribution, others with time and indispensible skills. We give our hearts and souls around us to those who need it most. I’d like to open this thread to everyone who wants to and already has made a difference in the lives around us. Please share your thoughts within the community. Maybe you’ll encourage someone else; it always puts a smile on my face to see what my friends are doing!

I’d like to start off with a post highlighting the impact of the muscle contests of 2009, currently running in the photos and videos forum for the next couple of months…

In regards to the muscle contests (which just began), we have donated as a whole community together:

$78 to DCNinja’s charity of choice: Family Dogs New Life

$20 to Ruz charity of choice: Hillside Animal Sanctuary

How it all began . … (biceps thread)

If anyone else feels compelled to further contribute and wishes to express the fact they are sharing in the fun of giving; please do so here!

Monetary donations are a great way to give if you've got cash.

As a broke college student though, I think the best way to give is to offer my time doing animal rights work, whether it be forming a group to organize against local animal cruelty, or just ordering boxes of Vegan Outreach pamphlets and handing them out on a busy street corner.

I like to keep pamphlets stuffed between my seat so whenever I go to a parking kiosk I give them one with my money.

I had the pleasure to host Jon Camp of Vegan Outreach twice when I lived in southern illinois. It was good not only for me but he hit up the school I was going to which got the message out. I handed out flyers with him for only an hour or two one time and there were several people who thought the message was interesting, one or two people were vegan actually which surprised me. Jon was harassed by some agriculture folks, or some students in related programs until he moved on; poor Jon. Welcome to the midwest.

I honestly have not given any cash to anything in a while, but my brother and I are building a new online company in our spare time that we hope to turn into a donation machine for various non-profits. One of them is Mercy for Animals.

When people buy stuff, 50% of the money goes to the charity they pick and 50% goes to running the business.

http://www.buyforchange.com

We sell appliances at this point, and hope other we can offer a new model for doing online business.

nice thread!!!

Time has been an issue for me lately so my volunteering time has declined a bit

I've been making a point of making sure that my donations increase every year.

Been supporting a number of organizations lately

Humane Society

Darcy's ARC animal shelter

Museum of Human Rights

Landmine Relief Fund

Lake Winnipeg Foundation

wish I could do more

My dream is to retire and be a philanthropist. I hope my investments allow me to do that

Sooooo many good causes out there..........

does donating blood count?? Since I am a broke-joke and have less than no time, I donate blood... it is really rewarding. I think everyone should do it, plus I get to brag about how good my hemoglobin is even though I am vegan when I pass that part of the screening

does donating blood count?? Since I am a broke-joke and have less than no time, I donate blood... it is really rewarding. I think everyone should do it, plus I get to brag about how good my hemoglobin is even though I am vegan when I pass that part of the screening

Heck yea! What type? O+ for me. I donate this coming wednesday 07/29 @ 12:15pt woo hoo..... I try to donate blood often as well

i donate 12$ per month to Greenpeace. Before this I didn't know it was founded by 2 Canadians. But I'll probably stop to donate there to focus on an animal rights organization instead or i'll volunteer. For those like me with not so much money it is far better to volunter rather than offer money, I think it makes a greater difference than sending money.

I put a lot of time in with Habitat for Humanity. I've done a lot of cooking with food not bombs in the past. I just can't seem to make it to their gatherings lately. I'm going to be working with a CERT starting in september as well. I'm your man is has a good point about time vs. money. It's easy to give money but personally i'm more interested in giving time. If you volunteer you can learn some things and meet people with similar interests.

I recently started a strange hobby of collecting all the loose change I find in the streets, stores, etc....

then at the end of a couple months or so (depending on how lucky I've been) I donate it.

It amazes me how many times you see change just lying there on the floor and nobody can be bothered to pick it up

I gladly will take the effort to stoop down if it can help a worthy cause

I don't have a lot of time open to contribute, so rather, I make sure that we donate as much as possible both personally and through our business to around two dozen vegan and AR organizations over the course of the year. That doesn't even include the 100+ free gift certificates I give away to pretty well every vegan-friendly event that I get requests from over the course of the year