popularity of chocolate soymilk

you would be surprised how popular chocolate soymilk is becoming.

I drink so much of this and no one else in my area did. now I am finding out friends and relatives of mine are drinking this stuff by the gallon. heh.

and that most grocery stores here are COMPLETELY sold out of it by the time I go to buy some. its really neat to see things like this temporarily out of stock.

Im noticing a big increase in ppl wanting to eat and drink healthier. I think soy is becoming more popular.

really cool to see how one person can make a difference. and then in turn how those ppl affect others.

Yeah, soymilk in general seems to be getting pretty mainstream. I noticed they have it at Target and Walgreens. Chocolate is definitely the best - it's what I always suggest to people who are reluctant to try it.

Silk also had a booth at the past few Susan G. Komen Race for the Cures I participated in. It was cool to see a sea of people flocking to get cartons of the stuff to take home.

Hey, I read in a copy of Men's Health that I found lying around in my friend's apartment that a study revealed 85 percent of the calcium in soymilk is stuck in the bottom of the carton and would take the equivalent of paint thinner or somethin' of the sort to loosen it. On the other hand, the study said calcium-fortified orange juice is a good vehicle for calcium consumption. Anybody know anything more about that?

Hey, I read in a copy of Men's Health that I found lying around in my friend's apartment that a study revealed 85 percent of the calcium in soymilk is stuck in the bottom of the carton and would take the equivalent of paint thinner or somethin' of the sort to loosen it. On the other hand, the study said calcium-fortified orange juice is a good vehicle for calcium consumption. Anybody know anything more about that?

THats why you shake it

Yeah, shaking is pretty crucial. I think the study might have said that wasn't enough to thoroughly mix it, though, and hence the weird bit about paint thinner or something. Can't quite remember. I suppose one way or the other you eventually get all the calcium.

I love chocoalte soymilk. Ive been looking for a sugar free one. Anyone know of a good brand? or low sugar at least?

true...

You kind of get the impression that it's healthy just because there's no milk in it and it's often sold in organic grocery stores.

But, just like you, I'm pretty concerned about the sugar thing....

The only thing I can say is that there is so many opinions on sugar! For the bodybuilder it may not be ideal. But for the normal "everday" fit person sugar is okay. Calories are calories no matter what. You eat 1200 calories of garbage you are bound to lose weight. That myth of low carb diets works for everyone is not true. It does work dont get me wrong due to the lack of calories.

This is where genetics plays in, you say that guy/girl overthere has a 6pack and barely does abs. Well thats because they have great genetics. Everyone has them. Its just a matter of diet and exercise. Some people in all honesty cant get them. Getting bf% that low still might not let them show. Everyones muscle is different. Myself I am in that role. Im a small girl and lean, but getting to the point of that low bf% is difficult.

For those who have them and can! mad props to u!

You eat 1200 calories of garbage you are bound to lose weight. That myth of low carb diets works for everyone is not true. It does work dont get me wrong due to the lack of calories.

if your calories are low enough you will loose weight but if your eating horrible foods then your muscles will not give you the toned look you are looking for. You will still look flabby if your diet is not on target. Eating 1200 calories of newman o's (vegan oreo's) for a days worth of food will not get you anywhere but to the dentist. Plus you have to worry about the fact that eating garbage is unhealthy to you.

Yeah it's really cool how popular it is now. When I first went vegetarian about 13 years ago, you were lucky if you could find a block of tofu in a mainstream supermarket. Now all the mainstream supermarkets around here have all kinds of veggie dogs, veggie burgers, and they have their own brands of soy milk and everything. It seems like the soy milk now takes up more space on the shelves than cow's milk does!

oh yea of course, I knew that. I was just speaking upon the low carb diet. Ive competed before. I was just talking about a balance

You eat 1200 calories of garbage you are bound to lose weight. That myth of low carb diets works for everyone is not true. It does work dont get me wrong due to the lack of calories.

if your calories are low enough you will loose weight but if your eating horrible foods then your muscles will not give you the toned look you are looking for. You will still look flabby if your diet is not on target. Eating 1200 calories of newman o's (vegan oreo's) for a days worth of food will not get you anywhere but to the dentist. Plus you have to worry about the fact that eating garbage is unhealthy to you.