Ryan's "Hope to compete again in 2014" log

Got in for some leg work tonight (threw in a few biceps things for good measure as well).

Wide-stance squats to 16" box, feet angled out 45 degrees or slightly more -

1x5 @ empty bar

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 185

1x2 @ 225

1x1 @ 255

1x1 @ 285

1x5 @ 315

1x5 @ 325

1x5 @ 335

Felt MUCH better this time, staying much more stable and keeping knees pushed out properly.

Dropped 2" off the box height (stacked some plates and put a thin mat on top to cushion a bit), dropped the weight, set it so I'm close to 1" below parallel and had a go, since I was really weak going below parallel with wide stance before -

1x6 @ 255 lbs.

1x6 @ 265

1x6 @ 275

All reps done with a slight pause on the box, none were touch-and-go. Definitely a victory here, starting to be able to hit ideal depth without feeling all weak coming out of the hole.

Tried my hand at some walking lunges again after being made to do them earlier last week, put a bit more weight on and kept the reps low as they absolutely destroy me -

1x8 steps each leg w/ empty 45 lb. bar on shoulders

1x6 " " @ 95 lbs.

1x6 " " @ 105 lbs.

Then, wrapped up with a quick circuit to get in the arm and assistance stuff in a hurry, alternating all exercises after each set, 90 seconds max rest between each -

3x20 light seated leg extensions @ 100 lbs.

3x15 seated single-leg curls (95 lbs., 105 lbs, 115 lbs. each leg)

3x10 EZ bar curls (105 lbs, 115 lbs, 125 lbs.), then 1x15 @ 95 lbs.

That was it, kept it simple and tough for the day, will get some upper back and chest stuff in hopefully on Tuesday!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Zack!

Basically, if I have any new blood vessels forming that could potentially leak, putting myself under great stress from straining to complete a heavy rep could do damage, so squatting and deadlifting have had to change greatly. Before, I LOVED the feeling of fighting up a rep even if it took 10 seconds to get through it with everything I had. Now, if I don't feel that I can get through it with just a second or two of hard strain, I have to short myself and cut the rep. And, of course, I always found that my squats and deadlifts went up fastest when I would push myself as hard as I could, but right now, that's just not feasible. So, it's slow-and-steady that's going to get me ahead, as there won't be any more of those miraculous "I fought that squat and nearly died" sessions any time soon.

I still have the potential to get stronger than I was, but it's just going to take a lot longer working my way up slowly vs. jumping for a new PR by tossing 30 lbs. to whatever I'd completed the last time. Still, after thinking a few years ago after my diagnosis that I might have to stop training permanently, I'll take what I can get!

Hey Ryan!

I think the photos you are looking for are here:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22161

I also have many more in this album on FB as well:

http://www.facebook.com/GoVegan4Life#!/album.php?aid=68699&id=1056650054

Check em out!

You'll find some classic photos in there!

Too bad we won't be able to get another workout in with Kirk on Wed, but I will be back in October for Chicago Vegan Mania. Maybe we can plan a video then. I'll be bigger by then as well!

Trained 3 days in a row and hitting the gym shortly and possibly twice today before heading back to the Milwaukee area with Lan late tonight.

I know you have a busy and stressful week. Stay strong man!

Didn't think I was going to get to train with Kirk today, but I had my scheduling wrong for an early day meeting so I still go to lift on time.

Warm up, 2 sets of tire step-ups for 3 minutes followed by 20 crunches

Deadlift from floor -

2x5 @ 135 lbs.

2x1 @ 225

2x1 @ 315

2x1 @ 365

2x1 @ 415 lbs. to finally be able to get 400 off the floor again Getting to feel a lot better with deadlifting, my starting pull is getting stronger, now we're back to the old mid-point being the tough spot. We'll fix it soon enough!

Tire flip, light 400ish tire -

2x5 flips

1x14 flips

Light stone work w/170 lb. size -

1x10 rows

1x10 to lap

1x5 one-motion loads to chest height

Was going to do some shouldering, but I whacked my hand on it once pretty good and it was stinging like mad, decided that was my exit cue.

Should be getting back to training Friday, shoulders and hopefully more event work!

Oh man, I'm jealous! I would have stayed an extra day to train with Kirk! I spent two days driving....but I'm here in Nashville now.

Glad you got a session in with Kirk. I hit it 5 days in a row, woke up at a rest stop this morning and did push-ups, ran and stretched but now I'm super sleepy...time for a nap, then YMCA all week here in Nashville.

PS, I did those tire step-ups we did at Kirk's gym for my leg workout warm-up yesterday. It's such a great exercise to warm up the whole body while training the legs at the same time!

Have a great one man!

Let's catch up about business stuff too. I'm going to contact Richard and Mikkei and have all my site ordering pages redirect to you.

Thanks again for hosting me, for dinner, lunch, the workout, and for allowing Lan and I to shop at the warehouse after hours!

You rock man! Say hi to everyone for me.

Robert

Hey, Robert!

Yeah, I had it marked down for the FedEx meeting yesterday, when it's actually next Wednesday. Goes to show where my head is at these days!

Good to hear you've been able to get plenty of training in again - and by the way, Kirk says that he gave it a good shot to take you down with that workout, but you have too much energy to accept defeat so he'll have to try harder next time

Hope things are good over in Nashville, and hopefully we'll see you back this way in the coming months!

Thanks Ryan,

Been trying to track you down via email lately We gotta hammer out some promo stuff. I am working on my newsletter tonight. As usual, I'll send you a preview. You'll need to help me fill in some blanks for promo stuff.

Also working on getting more books to you asap! I pen my literary contract on Monday and that should be a huge sigh of relief for me!

Check this out....I showed up at a massive YCMA in Nashville today (multiple levels, indoor/outdoor pool, loads of free weights, basketball court, etc. and told them I am on a book tour and they gave me a FREE 21-day pass! I'm here for at least 10 days then likely heading to see Jimi Sitko who is only 90 minutes away (though I'll see him before then too) and then to DC.

But I'm pumped to get full access to a massive gym which is a 5 min drive from where I'm staying and across the street from Whole Foods Market! Looks like I have no excuse for not being in great shape.

Expect Great Things!

Thanks for telling Kirk hello for me. I'd love to train at Wisconsin Barbell again soon! I can't freakin wait to get back to all these Vega Shows around the US to make some $ and I'm going to bust my ass for the online stores I work with too. It's time to make some serious noise!

Have a great one, catch up via email or text anytime. Let's move full speed ahead with Vega, my book, and everything else we have in collaboration. I'll get Richard to redirect links soon too.

Say hi to Courtney for me and the rest of the crew too.

-Robert

Upper back and shoulders tonight, got a pass for Gold's Gym in town for a full month, will be trying to get more sessions in there while it lasts. It was unusual, actually seeing stronger people training, and on a Friday night no less (every other gym here is a ghost town after 7 PM on Fridays!)

Standing strict overhead press -

1x10 @ empty bar

1x6 @ 135 lbs.

2x6 @ 185

1x3 @ 205

1x10 @ 135

DB rows, enjoying the fact that the DBs there go up to 150 lbs.

1x15 each arm @ 150 lbs.

1x16 " " @ 150 lbs.

Felt EASY for the first 12, then the last few would take a breath between each rep. I will get 20 reps with 150 before my month there is up! Now, if only I could find a gym with 200s.....

Hammer Strength plate-loaded shoulder press -

2x5 @ 270 lbs.

1x15 @ 180 lbs.

1x25 @ 90 lbs.

Hammer Strength plate-loaded low row -

1x12 @ 360 lbs.

1x12 @ 410 lbs.

Cable lean-away lateral raises -

2x10 @ 30 lbs.

Weighted pull-ups -

2x5 @ 45 lbs. added (total weight 280 lbs. clothed with weight)

Behind the back BB shrugs -

1x20 @ 315 lbs.

1x15 @ 405

1x12 @ 455

1x5 @ 515, felt good after not doing them for so long

BB wrist curls, just for fun -

2x10 @ 135 lbs., letting it roll all the way down to fingertips and back up

A bit more variety with few sets on each lift, but it was about trying the place out again after a year to see if I might want to eventually start training there regularly. You never know if I'll make it my new home, we'll see in a month!

Good leg/chest/triceps training night on Sunday!

Felt off all day, but figured I needed to get in and get it done, turned out better than expected:

Wide-stance squats to 16" box -

1x5 @ empty bar

1x3 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 185

1x3 @ 225

1x2 @ 275

1x10 @ 295

1x10 @ 305

1x10 @ 315

I was originally aiming for 8s, but they went so well that I added a few more reps.

Took out the box, dropped the pins to rock-bottom position, did some paused bottom squats with regular shoulder-width stance -

1x3 @ 275, 285, 295 lbs.

Just testing flexibility and keeping good positioning out of the hole well below parallel, went nicely!

Close-grip BB bench -

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 185

1x2 @ 205

1x1 @ 225

1x1 @ 235

1x1 @ 245

1x1 @ 255, MUCH easier than past workouts, no stall at all near lockout.

1x15 @ 185

1x13 @ 185, triceps gave out at the end before making 15

1x28 @ 135, went until triceps failed me, wanted 30 but close enough!

Seated leg curls -

3x15 @ 210 lbs.

JM Presses in the rack (sort of a combination skullcrusher/close grip bench, bar comes down to neck, elbows at sides tucked in, press it back up) -

1x12 @ 95 lbs.

3x10 @ 95 lbs.

Good enough for today, should get more upper back in on Tuesday!

Upper back and shoulders tonight, got a pass for Gold's Gym in town for a full month, will be trying to get more sessions in there while it lasts. It was unusual, actually seeing stronger people training, and on a Friday night no less (every other gym here is a ghost town after 7 PM on Fridays!)

DB rows, enjoying the fact that the DBs there go up to 150 lbs.

1x15 each arm @ 150 lbs.

1x16 " " @ 150 lbs.

Felt EASY for the first 12, then the last few would take a breath between each rep. I will get 20 reps with 150 before my month there is up! Now, if only I could find a gym with 200s.....

A bit more variety with few sets on each lift, but it was about trying the place out again after a year to see if I might want to eventually start training there regularly. You never know if I'll make it my new home, we'll see in a month!

Not too many people look around for 200 lb dumbbells, haha!

I like the Gold's here. There's one trainer who competes in powerlifting and I've watched him deadlift over 600 lbs. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but regardless, it was a lot. We also have a separate closed off "Power Room" and I kind of wish there were more people around at the same time so we could work on strongman stuff together. Might be fun. But anyway, I like that there's no one around to watch my weird faces while squatting.

Not too many people look around for 200 lb dumbbells, haha!

I like the Gold's here. There's one trainer who competes in powerlifting and I've watched him deadlift over 600 lbs. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but regardless, it was a lot. We also have a separate closed off "Power Room" and I kind of wish there were more people around at the same time so we could work on strongman stuff together. Might be fun. But anyway, I like that there's no one around to watch my weird faces while squatting.

Yeah, aside from some rows and shrugs, I don't think that I'd have much use for 200 lb. DBs any time soon, but I sure would be happy to have the option to use them!

It definitely seems that the Gold's here is where the people who are serious about training have been working out at. The smaller gyms around here are pretty unmotivating for having people with inspiring physiques or those who do solid, heavy training (they're good for peaceful workouts where you don't have to fight to get into the power rack, but that's about it). It's a nice change to actually be around others who seem to want to get big and strong instead of only seeing cardio-only trainers, so I'll make use of my free pass and see if it can lure me in for the long haul.

Training with Kirk as usual, today was a surprise - deadlift max rep testing with only 30 lbs. less than he had me work for as a PR last week. I was pretty skeptical that it would go well, but I managed to surprise myself!

Tire step-ups for 3 minutes, then 20 crunches, done two rounds with only 30 seconds rest between rounds. Then, on to deadlifting -

1x10 @ 135 lbs.

1x8 @ " "

1x6 @ " "

1x4 @ 225 lbs.

1x2 @ " "

1x2 @ 295 lbs.

1x2 @ 315 lbs.

1x2 @ 385 lbs.

Then, when I expected that Kirk was going to have me drop the weight, he told me that the weight was going to stay the same. I was thinking that 5-6 reps would have made me pretty happy with it since I didn't think I was progressing too quickly (but still well enough in my opinion), but the bar was officially set at 8-10. First 4-5 reps, not so bad. 6 and 7, bar drifted out a bit, threw me off, feeling like I was going to have to call it quits. Got 8 up a bit more easily, caught a few quick breaths at lockout, and forced out two more with everything I had. So, where 385x2 was my max just a few weeks back, I managed 10 with it today, definitely a good day of training!

Only other thing was to do 3 sets of 8 flips with the light 400ish tire followed by 15 inverted rows. Got those done easily enough, but the DL for reps killed me from having any steam left to do more.

Feeling better and better about training again, I don't think it's at all unreasonable that my goal of hitting 500 again will be too far off. I was giving myself until the end of the year, but hopefully I can make it happen in October!

1x2 @ 385 lbs.

Then, when I expected that Kirk was going to have me drop the weight, he told me that the weight was going to stay the same. I was thinking that 5-6 reps would have made me pretty happy with it since I didn't think I was progressing too quickly (but still well enough in my opinion), but the bar was officially set at 8-10. First 4-5 reps, not so bad. 6 and 7, bar drifted out a bit, threw me off, feeling like I was going to have to call it quits. Got 8 up a bit more easily, caught a few quick breaths at lockout, and forced out two more with everything I had. So, where 385x2 was my max just a few weeks back, I managed 10 with it today, definitely a good day of training!

Nicely done! Don't you just love when you surprise yourself (in a good way?)

It was definitely a nice surprise, Adena! Like I said to Kirk afterward, only a few months ago, that same set would have messed up my QL so bad, I'd have had a hard time sitting down for a week. Goes to show that I needed a slow and steady system of progression for my deadlift comeback, not my usual let's-see-how-fast-I-can-get-to-my-old-PR-strength days.

Quick upper back and shoulder/arm work tonight -

Pull-ups -

1x4 @ bodyweight (235 lbs. clothed and full of food)

1x2 @ 45 lbs. added

1x1 @ 75 lbs. added

3x8 @ 45 lbs. added (done as sets of 6, rest 10 seconds, 2 more to finish)

1x20 @ bodyweight, done as 15, rest 10 seconds, 5 to finish

Overhead half-presses in the power rack, bar starting out just touching my hair at the bottom position -

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x5 @ 185

1x5 @ 205

3x10 @ 185

3x20 @ 135

Cable straight bar rows to sternum -

3x20 @ 210 lbs., varying grip width each set from narrow to ultra wide

Narrow grip overhead half-presses for triceps work -

2x8 @ 135 lbs.

2x20 @ 95 lbs.

Done with elbows out, hands about 14-16" apart, focusing on using only triceps to lock it out

Cable face pulls -

3x20 @ 125 lbs.

Machine preacher curls -

1x20 @ 45 lbs. each arm

1x15 @ 55 " "

1x12 @ 65 " "

That was it, nothing too strenuous today, still beat from that deadlift workout. Feeling good, can't wait to squat this weekend!

Leg/chest day today, started out rough....

Was doing yard work, allergies have been TERRIBLE this year (not sure what's in the air more than usual, but life has been hell for my nose and eyes for two weeks now), was using a blower on the sidewalk to clear it off, and I inhaled a cloud of dust/pollen/crap that set my system to high alert. Felt my nose close up instantly, throat started swelling, not so good. Had to rush to Walgreens up the road for some emergency Benadryl to see if it would help, which if did (fortunately, otherwise, it was the ER for me), but it was a rough 2 hours leading up to my workout. Then, of course, the Benadryl made me sluggish, so squatting was no picnic today.

Squats to 16" box, just above parallel -

1x5 @ empty bar

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 185

1x3 @ 225

1x2 @ 275

1x1 @ 315

1x1 @ 345

1x1 @ 365

1x1 @ 385, felt weak with a 2 second sit back on the box with that weight, cut down for some rep work -

3x12 @ 300 lbs.

2x20 @ 230 lbs. (to make bodyweight for reps)

All sets were tough today, also forgot my pre-workout creatine charge-up, probably didn't help any.

1/2 press close-grip BB bench in the power rack, starting about 8-9" off chest, pressing out that distance to lockout -

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 185

1x2 @ 225

1x2 @ 245

1x2 @ 275

1x1 @ 295

1x1 @ 315, put up a good fight to get it moving, took two tries but it went up, dropped weight for repping out again -

1x10 @ 225

1x15 @ 205

1x20 @ 185

1x30 @ 135

Chest and triceps killed at that point, called it a day with just 2 exercises under my belt, good enough! Upper back should be tomorrow if I find time, otherwise, Tuesday.

Abbreviated upper back day today, only 1 hour exactly from the time I got to Gold's until closing, had to make it count!

1-arm BB rows -

1x5 each arm @ 60 lb DB

1x5 " " @ 90

1x20 @ 150 lb. DB - met my goal of 20 reps sooner than expected!

1x16 @ " "

Seems my middle back is strong as hell these days with endurance to spare. Now, if I could just get my lower back to catch up more quickly, we'd be good to go!

1-arm BB shrugs -

1x10 each arm @ 135 lbs.

1x10 " " @ 185 lbs.

1x10 " " @ 235 lbs., a bit sloppy on the last few, but still shrugged it

1x30 " " @ 135 lbs.

1-arm seated cable rows -

2x10 each arm @ 180 lbs.

Overhead shrugs in the Smith machine (one of those few good uses for it) -

1x20 @ 180 lbs (not counting bar on sets)

1x15 @ 270 lbs

1x10 @ 320 lbs.

1x30 @ 180 lbs.

Cable face pulls w/rope handle -

2x20 @ 140 lbs.

BB wrist curls -

2x10 @ 135 lbs., letting bar roll down to fingertips before curling back up

All done in time with a few minutes to spare, was still beat from yesterday, but happy with what I got in. Tomorrow is rest, Wednesday back to deadlifting!

Overhead shrugs in the Smith machine (one of those few good uses for it) -

Haha! On another forum I used to get on, they all called it the "shirley machine." Kind of offensive, but it became a habit and now I always call it that.

Blah workout today. Couldn't get to train with Kirk yesterday for deadlifts, he emailed me my workout, but it just wasn't so awesome when I got out just before midnight tonight. Didn't get to eat much today, very stressed, set the tone for my training in a bad way -

Deadlifts -

1x10 @ 135 lbs.

1x8 @ " "

1x6 @ 225

1x4 @ 275

1x2 @ 315

1x1 @ 345

1x1 @ 365

2x5 @ 385 - was supposed to be 3 sets, but after 2, my back was telling me "NO MORE!" when I grabbed to pull on my 3rd and final set. Got really mad, but I could tell my setup had turned to crap and I neither wanted to have a bad pull and get hurt, nor fail the first pull for the 2nd time and feel like packing it in. Live to fight another day, I suppose.

After that, it was a 5-round circuit of 3 exercises - pulldowns, back extensions and seated leg curls, all for 20 reps each. Would take 30 seconds to get a drink between circuits, finished in almost 25 minutes to the mark, so I kept the pace up with the volume.

5x20 pulldowns @ 210 lbs.

5x20 back extensions @ 210 lbs. (only have access to mahcine for it at Anytime Fitness, no place to do it bodyweight style)

5x20 seated leg curls @ 175 lbs.

Sucking wind by the end, gave it everything I could to make up for the failed final deadlift set, will get things back on track next week. Hasn't been a great few days, letting my head get to me too much, need to slap myself a few times and focus so it doesn't happen again!

Should be doing squats and overhead work this weekend, will report when done!

Hey Ryan!

I know all about rough days, so I hear ya. Sorry you've been stressed man. I know how that can impact training, work, sleep and everything else.

I'll let you know that after we hung out and I realized I was getting way too small and out of shape, I have been training like a machine ever since...so you rubbed off on me in a good way that week! After Kirk's workout, I hit the YMCA each ensuing day and have continued training consistently every since in 6 states since I last saw you.

Anyway man...head up, chin up and live to fight another day.......

Sorry for all the emails I keep sending too....I'm just so hyped up on the Vega success and my book success at www.veganessentials.com I always write about it...one of the reasons I'm still awake working now!

Catch up soon.

Have an outstanding, stress-free weekend!

-Robert

Thanks, Robert Stress is my #1 nemesis, it completely robs me of ambition in the gym, gotta get myself past that.

Abbreviated leg/shoulder day today, lower back still taxed, didn't want to go all out but still worked in some good sets -

Wide-stance squats to 16" box -

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 185

1x3 @ 225

1x2 @ 275

1x1 @ 315

1x1 @ 345

1x1 @ 365

1x1 @ 385

1x1 @ 405, first time over 400 again, even though it's an inch above parallel I'll take it, since I didn't have to fight that hard for the rep

1x8 @ 350

1x20 @ 230 for a bodyweight high-rep set

Seated overhead lockouts, 6-7" ROM -

1x5 @ 135

1x5 @ 185

1x5 @ 225

1x3 @ 275

1x20 @ 225

Just wasn't feeling it too well with these today, changed it up a bit -

DB lateral raises, arm bent about 70 degrees, one arm at a time -

1x10 @ 40 lb. DB (slight swing to get it moving on the last few reps)

1x10 @ 50 lb. DB (a bit more swing to get the last half of the reps moving at the start)

2x20 @ 25 lb. DB, strict on both

That was it, short and simple, taking 2 days off to rest the lower back, then Kirk's deadlift training on Wednesday!

Lower back day with Kirk today, not bad, but felt like losing my lunch for most of the workout -

Prowler pushes w/ 50 lbs. on, 3 rounds of 75 feet down and back at max speed. If anything makes my glutes feel like someone just punched me in each side of my ass, this will do the trick.

Deadlifts -

1x10 @ 225

1x8 @ 225

1x6 @ 225

1x4 @ 225

1x8 @ 335

2x8 @ 365

Totally quesy after the final 2 sets, but stuck with it.

45 degree back extensions, short ROM (only about 1/4 ROM), hard contraction at top -

5x20

1-arm light DB shrugs -

5x20 @ 65 lb. each arm

One-motion stone lifts to upper chest w/ 170 lb. stone -

1x8

1x6

Gassed at this point, called it a day. Did what I needed to, things are better than last week, that's for sure!

Was tired as hell tonight, but I don't want to lift Friday or Saturday, so chest/back/arm day it was.

Pull-ups -

1x2 done slow @ bodyweight (235 lbs. clothed tonight)

3x15 @ bodyweight, final set done as 12 with no break, rest 10 seconds, last 3 to finish

Close-grip flat BB bench -

1x5 @ empty bar

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 155

1x2 @ 185

1x2 @ 205

1x1 @ 235

1x1 @ 265, first time back at this number in a while, felt easier than I'd expected!

3x5 @ 225

1x10 @ 200 (did 9, re-racked for 3 quick breaths, last rep to finish)

1x15 @ 175

Inverted rows, changing grip from wide overhand to parallel torso width to chin-up grip -

3x30 @ bodyweight, very easy this time around

Hammer Strength plate-loaded row, wide-grip neutral hand position -

3x20 @ 270 lbs.

JM Presses -

2x10 @ 115 lbs.

1x15 @ 95 lbs.

Single-arm DB hammer curls, slight forward lean, done 90% strict, slight swing on last few reps -

3x15 @ 50 lb. DB

That was it, still trying to keep it fairly simple. Kirk wants my endurance improved since I suck massive wind on heavy sets that are more than a few reps, so I'm still working on it (despite my original desire to only train heavy for a while). It'll come in handy, so some days for upper back stuff will have higher rep work going on.

Felt good with the close-grips, hoping to have it back at sets of 10 with 225 lbs. in a few months. We shall see!

Leg day!

First, 20 minutes warm-up with rolling out, 5 minute walk, stretching calves and hips and light squats with empty bar, then on to...

Squats to 16" box, wide stance -

1x5 @ 135 lbs.

1x3 @ 185

1x3 @ 225

1x2 @ 275

1x2 @ 315

1x5 @ 365

1x5 @ 370

1x5 @ 380 (jumped up an extra 5 lbs., was feeling pretty good!)

Set to 390 since the 380 went well enough, descent to box was too loose and wasn't well positioned, lost the first rep when I hit the box, called it a day for going heavy.

Squats to 3-4" below parallel, medium stance, close to rock-bottom depth -

2x15 @ 225 lbs.

Squats to parallel, wide stance -

1x15 @ 225 lbs.

Got in some good heavy sets and some endurance stuff, felt pretty good except for that off set (it was one of those rare treats where a decent song was playing, I think my mind was more on the music than my setup!)

Single-leg DB RDL -

1x20 each leg @ 75 lb. DB

Glute/ham raises -

3x20 @ bodyweight

That was it, kept it simple, will get some upper back and shoulder stuff in tomorrow!