Paige's Training Journal for upcoming Legacy Championships

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! It is going to rock! I will make sure that I will be wearing my vegan garb loud and proud. My new catch phrase "No animals were harmed in the making of this physique". Go vegan bodybuilders!!! I will report on Monday and also will give the count of "where do you get your protein from" questions.

• 3 months later...

I think it is time to start posting again on my training log. Legacy championships are in August and are the ultimate goal this year. Currently I am getting ready for the Corona, CA show on 4/2/11. Will be doing pairs BB with my Dad and physique. I was supposed to do the Dallas comp on Sun in Texas but I am just not ready, and really disappointed in myself. My biggest mistake was 2 weeks ago I decided to convert to the 80/10/10 diet. So in the last 2 weeks I not only didn't lose my weight I put some on. So, not ready and was really looking forward to doing that show. Training plan for the next 7 weeks is: full body training 3x/wk 90mins and 4x/wk one hr cardio. The goal is to always burn at least 600 cals. I need to drop 15lbs to make this show. I have to keep my training at a reasonable level so my cals can stay low. I have to go back to protein shakes, veggies, flax, a little fruit. I would love to be on a whole foods diet but I know that my body just is not responding to that many carbs. I am one of those unusual vegans that can put on muscle and can not drop body fat. Always a struggle. Although if I drop those carbs my body will respond.

Hi Paige! I'm new to this site and I came across your journal while looking for physique competitors. I am going to be doing my first show this year (realistically, probably late summer/early fall) and right now I am doing my best to plan my diet/training. I just read through your journal to get a feel for what the routine of a competitor looks like. Seems like your diet is very strict and your training is intense! Love it!! Also, you look great in your pics! I can't wait to post my contest pics one day... one day, lol.

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind...

Do you use one of the gemma flavors or just the natural/unsweetened? I know the site also gives you an option to add stuff to it - do you add anything?

Do you have a set amount of macros that you aim for each day?

Any advice for a newbie??

Thanks so much and best of luck in preparing for your next comp!!!

I am one of those unusual vegans that can put on muscle and can not drop body fat. Always a struggle.

I think I might be a memeber of that club too! I targeted 2200 to 2500 calories and 200g protien and I have been dropping back on the calories and uping my cardio a bit. Still can't lose my middle section as much as I want. I know you have to eat a ton to bulk up but I am in all the right AND wrong places.

Glad your going to be posting a regular journal till your next comp!!

luvpitbulls: Welcome to competition. Once you get the bug you will never be able to give it up. I have tried but can't, after 7 years and 25 plus comps. Advice: Set realistic goals. Realize that competition is a personal journey that allows you to find out what you are really made of, and just keep going, no matter what. When it comes to training and diet. I find that diet is number one and everyone's struggle. You have to find out what works for you. I need alot of protein and I have problems with carbs. I shoot for about 150grams per day in protein. I was using the gemma from true protein but they just changed the product and it now has 600mg of sodium/scoop. I use alot of protein powders so that does not work for me, and yes I used the premium natural flavoring and added stevia. I think I am now going to go with a rice/hemp/gemma mix. I also found a powder from Lifetime. The unsweetened vanilla, if you add a little stevia the product is great but expensive, found on bodybuilding.com. If you need to add muscle you will need to train hard and try and eat 1-1.5grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight. And yes, if you want to compete as you get closer to comp things get strict, that is kind of the fun of it. If you need anything else please feel free to ask. I am headed to Dallas tomorrow for a 2 day competition camp to learn some new training techniques and work on posing. I may have some new tricks when I get back. Good luck!

today's log: Training great. Diet sucked.

5-6:30 am training: 5 sets each of; military press, bi-curls, tri-dips, ball squats, lat pulldowns, leg ext. (did half the stack today on a set of 6), tri-pressdown, v-ups, obliques crunches, pushups (and no not the girl kind), walking lunges on incline treadmill.