My first time

Hello All,

So I have been vegan for about 1.5 years. I love the lifestyle, but still struggle with how to properly balance my diet. My physical gains have slowed dramatically since my crossover and I cannot figure out what the deal is! Ok, part of it is that I bake too often! (Vegan of course)

So here's what I ate today (i'm being honest about the X-mas cookie splurge)

Breakfast: Vega sport performance protein with water, 1 cup blueberries

Snack(post-workout): Vegan sport protein with water, 1 rice cake, unsalted

Lunch: Seitan and carrot souffle. 2 Xmas cookies

Snack: vega sport perf. protein with water, 1 xmas cookie

Dinner: Brussel sprouts sauteed in olive oil and garlic, seitan, and vegan "stuffing". 1 more Xmas cookie!

I realize that I have totally splurged with cookies this time of year. I have never been so sloppy with my diet as I have in the last year I am ready to clean it up and need some support! Thanks for any verbal beatings!

Haha! I know the deal. I am going hard core "clean" on Monday. I will still need lots of support to lean out properly. It used to be so easy when using meat, so that is my challenge, get ripped without the help of meat. I have been unable to achieve those results or even close since going vegan.

Today:

Breakfast: Vega sport protein in water, plain oats with water

Snack: Vega "", 1 plain rice cake, unsalted

Lunch: Veggie fajita wrapped in 2 wheat tortillas, guacamole (3 TBSP)

Snack: 2 Xmas cookies (yes, I know and one vega sport protein shake in water

Dinner: Seitan, mashed parsnips and potatoe (1/2 cup), brussel sprouts in olive oil and garlic

I rely heavily on Vega for lack of what else to do that;s not too starchy. My goals are to gain muscle for the next 4-6 weeks. Will post workout later, along with bf%

Current stats:

Female

Weight: 118lbs

5' 1.5''

Good for you for going vegan!!

With regard to your eating, are you tracking amounts of food consumed and total macros? If not, you may want to start there. Also, try eating more fiber-rich, nutrition-dense carbs. It's very easy to get too many carbs while trying to get enough protein. So it's imperitive that you make the carbs you eat count. That means NO COOKIES...LOL...And if you're trying to put on muscle, you're going to have to eat a lot more nutrition-rich calories than what you're currently eating! Don't be afraid of carbs! They just have to be the right carbs.

If you find that you crave sweets, try eating more fruit.

• 10 years later...

It is important to understand that weight loss is a slow process and it takes time to achieve results. In this article, we will help you understand how to properly balance diet. The first thing you must do is determine your daily calorie needs. It is suggested to be a useful https://grabmyessay.net/ source to take experts help. You can do this by using the SparkPeople Diet Planner or by using an online calculator. It is important to keep in mind that not all calories are created equal and some foods contain more calories than others.